2021 TRD - OR Engines, which one ? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Engine

waybigdog

SILVER Star
Threads
Howdy, I’m looking at 2021 TRD-OR’s.

Which is the better engine to target ?
The 3.5 V6 Direct Injection Atkinson Cycle or the 3.5 V6 DOHC 24 valve Direct-Injection Atkinson Cycle with VVT-iW and VVT-I?
Thanks in advance.

This is from Toyota West Slope dealer website -

The 2021 Toyota Tacoma has been crowned as one of the best buys of the year among midsize pickup trucks by Kelley Blue Book’s KBB.com. It has three engine options: 2.7-liter DOHC 16-Valve 4-Cylinder, 3.5-liter V6 Direct-Injection Atkinson Cycle Engine, and 3.5-liter V6 DOHC 24-Valve Direct-Injection Atkinson Cycle Engine with VVT-iW and VVT-I.

Last edited:
Howdy, I’m looking at 2021 TRD-OR’s.

Which is the better engine to target ?
The 3.5 V6 Direct Injection Atkinson Cycle or the 3.5 V6 DOHC 24 valve Direct-Injection Atkinson Cycle with VVT-iW and VVT-I?
Thanks in advance.
For the Tacoma it’s all just the one V6 engine.

I personally think you get more bang for your buck by skipping the tacoma and getting the tundra.

Owning both a 1st gen Tundra and a 2nd gen Tacoma, the Tacoma is better for off roading as it's narrower, and feels a lot more nimble on the trails.

If I was looking for an offroad capable midsized truck, I'd skip the 3rd gen Tacoma and get the 4th gen when it's available.

That said, if you're not offroading the vehicle in a manner that requires 4 low, and have no intention to, the Honda Ridgeline is a significantly better choice.

Owning both a 1st gen Tundra and a 2nd gen Tacoma, the Tacoma is better for off roading as it's narrower, and feels a lot more nimble on the trails.

If I was looking for an offroad capable midsized truck, I'd skip the 3rd gen Tacoma and get the 4th gen when it's available.

That said, if you're not offroading the vehicle in a manner that requires 4 low, and have no intention to, the Honda Ridgeline is a significantly better choice.
pretty sure 2nd gen tacoma is same width as 1st gen tundra... 1st gen tundra doublecab being the exception (due to wider fender flares).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom