Axle rebuild kit... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hey now!

ClemsonCruiser said:
Poor marshall.......... I will send him your way gehn when he has finished my wiring :grinpimp:
and putting in my parking brake.
Hey, Trollhole wasn't Cruisrhead of the Year last year by
accident.
Happy greasin' VT. You need any tools? What kind of grease
do you plan on using? Have the hubs been off before?
Often the nuts are buggered.Where did the kit come from?
Have you been in a Cruiser axle before?
It's a 1 :banana: job....NASTY greasy. Have fun.

not a front axle...i am planning just to get by with some seals and gaskets for now to stop the leaking. I will do a complete rebuild when I set it up for SOA. I'll probably just pick up a tub of multipurpose grease, would that work? Between marshall's tools and mine i will be alright, plus he's just up the road. Thanks Gundy.

VT, good luck. Where did you get your parts from? I need to do a rebuild myself. But other issues at the moment.

The Cruiser wouldnt crank at lunch on wednesday :( yeah not good. Power locks work, but when you go to crank it it make a small click and no turning over at all. Any ideas? I havent had a chance to look at it.

My guesses are:
-bad connection somewhere.
-switch or selinoid/relay somewhere bad
-starter?

Any clues would be great.

OK first thing is to check the battery cable most of the time it's come loose. Second your battery is dead. Third your alternator is dead. Doubt it is the alternator cause your windows work. If you get it started take it to advanced and get the battery and alternator tested. If not take the battery out and go get it tested, get it charged for free if dead. If it's not the battery, take out the starter and take it to advanced and they can test it. But my instinct tells me that your cable on the battery terminal is loose. Good luck

VTCruiser said:
not a front axle...i am planning just to get by with some seals and gaskets for now to stop the leaking. I will do a complete rebuild when I set it up for SOA. I'll probably just pick up a tub of multipurpose grease, would that work? Between marshall's tools and mine i will be alright, plus he's just up the road. Thanks Gundy.

I've got the red multipurpose grease for the bearings but get some molly grease for the knuckles. Thats the properway to do it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom