Awl_TEQ Metal Parts etc. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Awl_TEQ

Supporting Vendor
Threads
Edit October 28, 2020

Hello all!

If you are interested in any of the 40 series parts I make please contact Dan at 4WheelAuto and he will help you out. 4WheelAuto is now handling all of my parts essentially as a distributor. I make them and he ships them! Dan is trying to decide what and how many items he needs to carry on hand so let him know and he will stock up!

In order to be able to keep 4WheelAuto in stock I will transferring the actual building of my parts to the company that employs me as my day job. I am the GM of said company and so will have complete control over build quality as always but will no longer be restricted by how much time I personally have to devote to fabricating parts. This gives me the ability to build massive volume if needed as well as giving me the time to design new items as well.

New items - I now make rear quarter panels for the 40 series as well as late model rear floors, floor cross members and inner fender wells!

floor.jpg

Call Dan or Travis @ 1-866-468-2570
Wholesale Offroad Parts and Accessories - LANDCRUISER PARTS | 4wheel Auto

Cheers,
Kevin

End of Edit

Just setting up shop here again - several members have asked me to have everything in one place so I am building a bit of a catalog here.

How to reach me:
Generally guys will post up here to express their interest, though it isn't necessary, and then start a conversation with me to work out the details. Once that is done it usually ends with a Paypal transaction and I send the parts out with a tracking number. I ship almost exclusively through Canada Post which is closely affiliated with USPS. They are the least expensive method by far and have not lost a shipment on me yet. They quote me 5-6 business days to anywhere in the lower 48.

I have been on this forum for quite a while and I am not going anywhere. I have been peddling my wares here for many years and pride myself on a good rep from word of mouth and repeat business. I don't have my own website because I sell almost exclusively to the members of this forum. This is my website. Woody has made room for us cottage industry guys here in the small business storefront and I thank him for it.

I am located in Calgary Alberta Canada and will ship anywhere you pay me to. All of my pricing is in US funds because 99.5% of my customers are in the US. I work a full time job and do this stuff in my so-called spare time. My day job is as Plant Manager of a small CNC sheet metal shop which gives me the skills and access to machinery. We have a laser, CNC turret punches, CNC brakes and welding facilities.

My parts may seem like an eclectic mix of oddball stuff. I generally only make things that I needed for my own rig at one time or another and then members of this forum asked me to make them one too.

Kevin

Okay, here we go....

3B frame brackets

These will allow you to mount a 3B diesel into a 40 series rig by replacing the F frame brackets with faithful copies of the factory 3B frame brackets. They can be bolted or welded on. You will still need to supply your own motor mounts and the brackets that bolt to the block.

IMG_6851.JPG

IMG_6852.JPG

IMG_6853.JPG

Last edited:
Rear Sills

All sills include the cover piece except for the late model which doesn't have one and is a two piece construction. All sills include the captured nuts for the tire carrier and it's bump stop as well as the ambulance doors where applicable. The covers have holes for you to plug weld it on.

'58 - 12/74
01/75 - 08/76
09/76 - 12/78
01/79 - 12/84

Interesting notes:
The middle two years differ only in the type of tire carrier.
The sill has four body mounts from '58 through to 12/78 and then has just two.
There are other sills such as FST that would be different.
My sills are one piece with welded seams. The end horns are not welded on, they are part of the main channel.
Captured nuts are all metric M8
Sill dates are not exact... Toyota used up old parts later and used new parts early. If your rig is close to the change over make sure which one you need.

IMG_6898.JPG

IMG_6907.JPG

IMG_6905.JPG

IMG_6904.JPG

IMG_6908.JPG

Last edited:
Stainless Steel reproduction of the factory vacuum tank and steel reproduction of the mounting bracket. Original equipment on the diesel 40 series rigs. Mounts to the frame under the left front seat. Both the stainless steel tank and the regular steel mounting bracket are powder coated in semi-gloss black.

Vacuum Tank
Mounting bracket

IMG_6811.JPG
IMG_6812.JPG
IMG_6814.JPG
IMG_6815.JPG
IMG_6816.JPG

Last edited:
FJ45-LPB Tailgate - old pics and thread are here -> For Sale - FJ45-LPB TAIL GATES

These are made in batches and stock varies. Please contact me to check stock.
A couple of pictures from the most current batch. I make both the three hinge early style and the four hinge layer version.

IMG_7129.JPG
IMG_7130.JPG

99.99% exact replica of the factory FJ45-LPB tailgates.

Last edited:
overhead console - not in full production yet - coming soon!

Last edited:
40 series Ham or CB antenna mount for the hood.

I wanted a place to mount my Ham antenna that had somewhat of a ground plane to reflect the signal. Normally one would put it on the roof but the roof in a 40 is fiberglass. Also, having the antenna up there makes it a target on the trails I run due to half fallen trees and branches. There are many brackets available to mount an antenna along the edge of the hood off of the fender apron but again that would be ripped off on my first foray into the bush.

Given that nobody wants to drill holes in a 40 series hood I used the windscreen hold down latches and their hardware to fasten my bracket. Mounted there it is inboard of most branches and also highly visible allowing me to stop before it is destroyed.

But the hood must be able to open. I designed in a mechanism by which to fold the antenna down to enable the hood to open fully, right up to the windscreen. The powder coating is masked off in strategic spots to allow the antenna to ground to the hood. The antenna hole is 3/4" diameter (NMO)

IMG_6870.JPG
IMG_6876.JPG
IMG_6886.JPG
IMG_6882.JPG
IMG_6883.JPG

Last edited:
This is cool. They came out better than I had hoped.

Late 40 series apron emblem laser cut in brushed stainless steel on a semigloss black backing plate and mounted on a frame in 5 colors reminiscent of the stock 40. It is scaled up to 40" x 7" overall size and available in Blue, Red, Yellow, Beige and Green.

The colors are not exact matches to the standard 40 series paint. Rather they are the closest powder my source had and has always got in stock. I didn't want to spec a rare or custom color due to the costs involved. The yellow is darker in person than in the photos and closer to mustard. The green reminds me of the rare 6H9. The beige is the same powder I had my military trailer done in and it matches well enough for me.

IMG_6913.JPG
IMG_6914.jpg
IMG_6915.jpg
IMG_6917.jpg
IMG_6916.jpg

Last edited:
40 series A-pillar 3 gauge pod

I wanted to add gauges for my turbo install on my BJ42. Naturally I did not want to drill into my unmolested dash. I mounted them in the common spot of the ashtray opening at first but I wanted a better solution. Many modern vehicles tend mount gauges in the A-pillar using custom formed plastic pods that replace the interior trim. But all I had was the edge of the windshield steel frame. Good thing too, because I don't do plastic!

I made myself an aluminum pod that angled in a bit to aim the gauges at the driver's head and powder coated it black. I have run these gauges for a couple of years now and I think it's the perfect place for them. You must drill two holes into the A-pillar but that is all.

These first three photos show the first run pods. The last two photos show my prototype pod mounted. You will notice they are slightly different. My prototype is simply rectangular where the production units are angled to match the rake of the windshield. The prototype has the gauges pointing slightly downward and the new ones compensate for this.

I have Boost, EGT and RPM gauges from Westach mounted in mine but you can add whatever you like. I ran the wires and boost line up behind the dash pad and through the little opening where the windshield frame bolts are. It's a challenge to do but clean when done. I will include screws, the correct pilot hole drill bit, a template and a bit of wire loom to cover your wires. You must mount the pod low enough to be able to flip your sun visor down.

One last note: The back "door" of the pod is there because without it you can see the wiring and backside of the gauges from standing in front of the vehicle. That looks messy so I added the flap to the part. BUT, and this is important, it is simply a flap without a hinge. So if you close it and open it more than twice it WILL fatigue and break off. When this flap is closed there is a gap to pass wires through.

IMG_6889.jpg
IMG_6890.jpg
IMG_6891.jpg
IMG_6893.JPG
IMG_6896.JPG

Last edited:
Reserved for future product showcase

here is what I'm thinking:

Looking for those who would be interested in buying one of these so I can do a production run.

IMG_7161.JPG
IMG_7162.JPG

IMG_7163.JPG

IMG_7165.JPG

TOAO0965.JPG

Last edited:
FJ45 Headache Racks. This is a "U-Weld" kit to save on shipping. All the pieces needed for you to weld up a faithful reproduction of the factory bed rack for the FJ45 pickup trucks. I do tack weld the radius corners of the main hoop for you.

U-Weld Rack Kit

P1010002.jpg
P1010001.jpg

Shipping size when broken down
P1010005.jpg

Last edited:
The 40 series frames like to rust in a few places but one common area is... well the entire back end of the frame. I have had an opportunity to reproduce the late model '79-'84 rear frame.

79-84 model year Edit: These angle braces fit all years 1958 - 1984 40 series Rear Frame Braces - left and right - these are the often rusted out braces that triangulate the back corners of the frame/ rear bumper

IMG_6818.JPG

79-84 model year 40 series Frame Rail Ends - left and right - these are the last foot or so of the frame rails from about where the frame curve over the axle straightens out again. They have a built in offset to provide a bit of a fish plate and increase the weld area.

IMG_6819.JPG

08/80 to 84 model year 40 series Frame Gusset Plates a.k.a. spring perch plates - left and right - these are the plates that hold the rear end of the frame together and provide a place to mount the spring hangers (not included). I also make the earlier style plate used up to 07/80 (I'll add pictures next time I make some)

IMG_6822.JPG

79-84 model year 40 series Rear Frame Member a.k.a the rear bumper. This is the rear cross member of the frame and your tail lights mount within it as well as your bumperettes and/or hitch plate.

IMG_6838.JPG

IMG_6840.JPG

Last edited:
Here are a few pictures of the above frame parts in mock assembly for reference.

When my pieces are all assembled you may need to ream a couple of holes to get them bolted/ riveted up but this group of parts has been used to save three frames at a local restorer so I know they work!

IMG_6844.JPG
IMG_6845.JPG
IMG_6846.JPG
IMG_6847.JPG

Last edited:
OK, due to several guys of you asking I will be resurrecting the FJ45 rear valence.

IMG_0553.jpg
IMG_0554.jpg
IMG_0556.jpg

Last edited:
Reserved for future product showcase

Last edited:
I'll take an overhead console

You bet! Just as soon as I make some. It's still in the prototype stage but it won't be long.

I've already asked for a three hinge tailgate.... I'll take a headache rack as well!

Overhead console??? Where do i see a pic of these??

Overhead console??? Where do i see a pic of these??

There may be pics mi my BJ42 thread but that one is a one off custom with cutouts for all my radio gear, gauges, switches etc. I don't have a pic of the basic one I will be selling yet.

Basically it is a thin aluminum unit that spans from door to door and up to the ceiling giving a lot of real estate for what ever you want to install. It will be a blank that you can easily cut with a drill or jig saw or coping saw and make holes for radios, switches, gauges, speakers, etc, etc... it wil be raw aluminum and customers can paint it any color or upholster it with headliner material or whatever. It bolts to existing factory fasteners so there is no drilling of the truck required.

A couple of weeks and it will be ready to roll out.

Kevin

Weird now there are pictures of your parts!!!

All that was there before was "reserved" as a post. Might have been taking time to upload haha. Some great parts man. Nice having you close by

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom