Automatic position light switch ?? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Sorry that I ask a lot of stupid questions, but better to ask than to stay stupid.

What does the automatic position on the light switch do? ???

Mike

Dome lights?

If yes, the dome light comes on when you open the door. Off=always off, On=always on.

-B-

No, for the headlights !!

Mike

other cars i've owned that have "auto" headlights turn on with it gets dark automatically...don't know on the 97 though...just a 93 for now.

Asia-Mike,
The US vehicles don't have that feature on the headlights.
-B-

Slowly, I wonder what kind of rig I have bought ???

Everyday I find something new. Bought it from a dealer who couldn't help me either with information. No manual.

Okay, then I have to try and will bother you with more questions. :D

Mike

See if your local Toyota dealer could order an owner's manual for you.

You can purchase all the manuals you need online for your Cruiser from <toyotaworld.com>. Owners Manual, Repair Manual, Electrical Manual, Automatic Transmission Manual, etc. NOTE: the Repair Manual is $40.00 cheaper on this site that at Specter Off Road......

Wayne S

Yes, but I need the asia/japanese manual for my rig and not the 97 US-Version. Thanks anyway.

Mike

On my 97s the light switch is never moved from "on". Start the truck they're on, shut down and open the driver's door, they turn off. My Sienna had the auto daylight sensor position also, perhaps your truck has that. Gotta be one or the other, both nice features. Look for the daylight sensor on the dash, small clear marble looking thing. It may not be visible from inside.

Hey Scott,

On my 97s the light switch is never moved from "on". Start the truck they're on, shut down and open the driver's door, they turn off.

yes, that is the same with mine. I don't have to switch the light off and in addition to this feature I still have a automatic position.

Where will the sensor be located on the dash?

Mike

I found out.

My rig has a sensor and when it gets dark the lights switch on automatically. Nice feature.

And I don't have to switch it off because if I open the door the light stops from alone. Another nice feature.

Thanks TOY :cheers:

Mike

Asiarider,

The Toyota parts dept. should be able to order your owner's manual by the VIN#, that way you will be sure to get the correct one. Give it a try see what they say.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom