Automatic position light switch ??

• Thread starter Asiarider
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
Asiarider

Asiarider

Sorry that I ask a lot of stupid questions, but better to ask than to stay stupid.

What does the automatic position on the light switch do? ???

Mike

Safado

Safado

other cars i've owned that have "auto" headlights turn on with it gets dark automatically...don't know on the 97 though...just a 93 for now.

Asiarider

Asiarider

Slowly, I wonder what kind of rig I have bought ???

Everyday I find something new. Bought it from a dealer who couldn't help me either with information. No manual.

Okay, then I have to try and will bother you with more questions. :D

Mike

Wayne

Wayne

Bought by His blood, kept by His power
You can purchase all the manuals you need online for your Cruiser from <toyotaworld.com>. Owners Manual, Repair Manual, Electrical Manual, Automatic Transmission Manual, etc. NOTE: the Repair Manual is $40.00 cheaper on this site that at Specter Off Road......

Wayne S

Asiarider

Asiarider

Yes, but I need the asia/japanese manual for my rig and not the 97 US-Version. Thanks anyway.

Mike

scottm

scottm

SILVER Star
On my 97s the light switch is never moved from "on". Start the truck they're on, shut down and open the driver's door, they turn off. My Sienna had the auto daylight sensor position also, perhaps your truck has that. Gotta be one or the other, both nice features. Look for the daylight sensor on the dash, small clear marble looking thing. It may not be visible from inside.

Asiarider

Asiarider

Hey Scott,

On my 97s the light switch is never moved from "on". Start the truck they're on, shut down and open the driver's door, they turn off.

yes, that is the same with mine. I don't have to switch the light off and in addition to this feature I still have a automatic position.

Where will the sensor be located on the dash?

Mike

Asiarider

Asiarider

I found out.

My rig has a sensor and when it gets dark the lights switch on automatically. Nice feature.

And I don't have to switch it off because if I open the door the light stops from alone. Another nice feature.

Thanks TOY :cheers:

Mike

offroadkid

offroadkid

Asiarider,

The Toyota parts dept. should be able to order your owner's manual by the VIN#, that way you will be sure to get the correct one. Give it a try see what they say.