Auto Up Window Mod (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

There needs to be a diode on both sides of the solenoid. 1 diode for each side of the switch. Look closely on the top (printed side of the PCB) for an outline of the missing diode.

OK so I'm not that brilliant after all ::)

No wories I got it!! Thanks anyway. Works great and I can stop the window with my arm, although haven't tried my head yet!!

Correct me if I'm wrong here...but isn't the Child-Head thing only a problem with the toggle type window switches? The ones you could actually kneel on in order to get the window to go up. Our cruisers don't have these types of switches...you have to pull the switch up in order for the window to come up. Are these types of switches not standard on all cruisers? If so, what's the worry?

RavenTai,

That cat link is sick. :)

-B-

Excuse my lack of circuits knowledge, but when you install the diode, do you drill two small holes in the circuir board to feed the ends of the doide through, then solder it to the board?

Thanks
Rookie2

Landtank,

Wouldn't the diode be on the component side, if it was meant to be there from the factory?

there is a blank spot on the other side with a silk screen diode symbol where one would go, it would be hard to install there as there is little access to that side of the board when installed in the switch, what Rick did is electrically the same

Got it.

make sure to orient the diode in the same manner as Rick did or you'll get differing results. Follow the stripe. >|

What i'm really after is the circuit diagram of whats on the PCB - just to see how the whole thing really works - just my curious nature you understand.

94 diode location

Gentlemen,
I took my switch assembly off 94 FZJ80 yesterday and cleaned the contacts. I was ready to do the diode mod, and I am a little confused about the location on the 94 circuit board. I have no 'empty' spaces on the component side of my PCB (sounded as if some did). Am I to simply match the location of the diode (picture) in the original post? Or am I missing a piece of information, or just really confused.

TIA
Side note: My contacts were very black, and several required scraping material off the metal. This however made really no difference in my window speed. I guess I will need to clean the tracks on all four windows.

94' FZJ80 133K 2.5 OME 285/75 DD

1st, how did you find this post? Someone asked a few days ago and I couldn't find it for anything.

2nd, I had an assembly to destroy so I could easily see the component side of the board. You'll just have to solder the diode in as I have per view of the back of the board. That is if they are the same, I think they are but not 100%.

Landtank,
I did a search on it.............not trying to be a smart a@%. I have had problems finding things with the search function before. I cannot remember the exact words I used to find it.
I just wanted to make sure, of the location. I had no vacant silkscreen on the component side of the PCB. Just trying to make sure I don't have to do something twice..............or end up replacing something.
I had gone to R.Shack, and all they had for diodes was a 12V with like 20mA load. I talked to a friend, and came up w/ a 4007 diode. I believe the main difference between the 4001-4007 is the current capacity. Hopefully if anything smokes, it would be the diode itself.
Anyway, I will give it a shot. Thanks again for the info. this site is great.

Rick,

Advanced Search, Author=Landtank, Keyword=diode, 80-Section (if you remember location of thread) and select the "posts" radio button (restricts to just your posts regardless of size of the thread)

-B-

Beowulf said:
Rick,

Advanced Search, Author=Landtank, Keyword=diode, 80-Section (if you remember location of thread) and select the "posts" radio button (restricts to just your posts regardless of size of the thread)

-B-
Thanks -B-, but my search was close to that "post" thing. Have to give it a try.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom