Auto transmission jumping out of gear over bumps (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi Guys,
My auto transmission (hydraulic A440) starting jumping in and out of 1st and 2nd gears in low range whilst bouncing over bumps heading uphill on steep tracks on the weekend. i..e the indicator light on the dash was blinking and I could feel momentary loss of drive (on-off-on-off-on). This has never happened before and we do a fair bit of decent 4wding.

I suspect that this may be occurring due to excessive movement of the auto transmission relative to the body causing the shifter to toggle in and out. I checked the shift lever linkage adjustment - all good. Thinking may be the transmission mount is moving around too much although it looks good. The engine mounts were recently replaced with genuine.

Has anyone experienced this issue before?
Cheers

Since our vehicles are getting quite old, this would be a good time to replace the two motor mounts and the transfer case crossmember mount, all at the same time. At least this will eliminate any movements of the drivetrain.

Since our vehicles are getting quite old, this would be a good time to replace the two motor mounts and the transfer case crossmember mount, all at the same time. At least this will eliminate any movements of the drivetrain.
You're probably right - the engine mounts are almost new but it wouldnt hurt replacing to eliminate any chance of movement.. Cheers

Are you sure it wasn't the drive flanges slipping at high torque moments?

I assume you had the CDL on?

Are you sure it wasn't the drive flanges slipping at high torque moments?

I assume you had the CDL on?
CDL defintely engaged. Fairly sure it wasnt the drive flanges as I could feel loss at the rear wheels, and have aisin hubs on the front. The indicator light on the dash was blinking which coincided with the temp power loss. Definitely worth checking the hubs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom