Australian Door Cards fasteners in US? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

CharlieS

GOLD Star
Threads
I was wondering if anyone has found a source for the fasteners that Australian Door Cards uses from a vendor in the US?

They're a two piece push fastener that is pretty common when attaching plastic parts to metal panels. The twist is they are grey. I can't find them online or locally.

Australian Door Cards does sell them, but it is hard to swallow $40 shipping on a $23 worth of parts (for a 50 pack). The 25 pack is $27 shipping on $12 in parts.

I did contact them and there aren't any alternative shipping options that are less expensive.

Do you mind posting a picture? Might aid some of us less familiar with AUS in helping out!

Absolutely!

The ones I have are grey abs door cards.

IMG_4377.jpeg

The clips look like this:
IMG_4378.jpeg
IMG_4382.jpeg
IMG_4383.jpeg
IMG_4384.jpeg

Here is the vendor's website:

Absolutely!

The ones I have are grey abs door cards.

View attachment 3549255

The clips look like this:
View attachment 3549256View attachment 3549257View attachment 3549258View attachment 3549259

Here is the vendor's website:

Those clips are literally used on every new car from Toyota. You can get those clips at Autozone today.

Beno, Thank you, I'll look there again.

So far, I've found lots of black color but not grey.

Pretty sure these were the trunk clips in my 2011 camry.

I'll go ask my local Toyota parts guy tomorrow. Thanks all.

I'll go ask my local Toyota parts guy tomorrow. Thanks all.
I checked with my local parts guy at the Toyota dealer and he doesn't have any in grey, only black. No luck at the auto parts store either.

Good idea, but I'm not much of a painter. I think I'll just order a bunch from Australia.

What about possibly finding the PN and locating them on partsouq.com
My pal at the Toyota parts counter said he's never seen one in grey. These are for an aftermarket ABS door card, so I don't think I'll find an OEM part number. Even though the shipping is stout, the total per piece price is likely a lot lower than anything Mr. T sells. And I'll have lots of spares for when I inevitably damage or break the fasteners in then course of maintenance.

What might also be a clever alternative is to replace the plastic push pins with nutserts and low profile fasteners...

My pal at the Toyota parts counter said he's never seen one in grey. These are for an aftermarket ABS door card, so I don't think I'll find an OEM part number. Even though the shipping is stout, the total per piece price is likely a lot lower than anything Mr. T sells. And I'll have lots of spares for when I inevitably damage or break the fasteners in then course of maintenance.

What might also be a clever alternative is to replace the plastic push pins with nutserts and low profile fasteners...
Well if I get some door cards myself I'll come to you for the clips if I break them... LOL!!!

How much are door cards like those ?

Sell your leftovers and recoup the shipping cost.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom