SOLD Austin: RELISTED - 2017 LC200, 9,450 miles with Toyota CPO warranty (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 200 Series
Mileage
Color
Silver
Outside Link
https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2017-toyota-land-cruiser-5/
I just listed this LC200 on BAT:

P1080964.JPG

GLWS Joe

Watching on BAT. This is goring to be interesting. Good luck Joe! Hope this helps the new 200 fund!

This BAT auction fell apart after the "sale". They buyer had some personal issue and decided to not complete the purchase. He never saw the truck in person. I'm on the fence between putting it up for sale or keeping it. The BAT final sale price was $77.5K plus the 5% BAT fee of $3,875 for a total cost of $81,375. My reserve was $80K so BAT decided to sell the vehicle below the reserve and pay me the $2,500 difference out of their buyers fee. I didn't know they did that. If there are any serious buyers out there, feel free to DM me to discuss. You can still see all the photos of the truck on the BAT listing linked at the top of this thread.

Sorry to hear this. Hope you still find the right buyer.

Thanks for sharing, I am aware of Mecum doing it, but wasn’t aware BaT would.

Good luck with sale, from a market and marketing perspective, it will be interesting to see the results!

I would just keep, drive, and enjoy, pretty close to buying a few year old demo vehicle!

This BAT auction fell apart after the "sale". They buyer had some personal issue and decided to not complete the purchase. He never saw the truck in person. I'm on the fence between putting it up for sale or keeping it. The BAT final sale price was $77.5K plus the 5% BAT fee of $3,875 for a total cost of $81,375. My reserve was $80K so BAT decided to sell the vehicle below the reserve and pay me the $2,500 difference out of their buyers fee. I didn't know they did that. If there are any serious buyers out there, feel free to DM me to discuss. You can still see all the photos of the truck on the BAT listing linked at the top of this thread.
Ya BaT does this. Im sorry this happened but I would just keep it.

You could have gotten these for 7-10k under MSRP at a very low interest rate. Now 7-16% is staring people in the face and IMO 85K is a bit rich for someone who wants to drive it.

Mind sharing some more info about the BaT situation? Did the buyer lose out on 5% of his bid since he didn't go through with it? And if so did you get the 2500 for the hassle? Or since it didn't technically hit reserve did the buyer not lose anything? And mind sharing what you bought it for from CA?

Sorry to hear this - seems to be a very common issue with BaT
As someone who worked at BaT and wrote hundreds of listings, I can say it is not “very common.” Post auction issues suck and are unfortunate when either the buyer or seller doesn’t uphold their end of the deal. Zero doubt about that, but in my listings they occurred at a very, very low single digit percentage of the time. I’d love to disclose specific numbers but that’s not my data to share anymore.

How recent is your data? Speaking for Land Cruisers specifically? Based on what I’ve read (from comments) this is a much higher issue in todays economy

How recent is your data? Speaking for Land Cruisers specifically? Based on what I’ve read (from comments) this is a much higher issue in todays economy
I was there through early this year and am only speaking to listings I directly worked with, plenty of Land Cruisers from 40s to 200s. Still have friends who are doing the work and can’t say much has changed. I’m sure there are other former colleagues on this forum as well ;) The biggest reason it sounds more common is they are now routinely listing upwards of 900 auctions at a time, which is over a 33% increase from even 12 months ago. With over 3500 listings a month, yes, not all of them go according to plan. For a variety of reasons. That said, try selling something on Facebook Marketplace. Eek!

That said, try selling something on Facebook Marketplace. Eek!
Or here on IH8MUD! :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom