Auber instrument trouble (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

So got my 80 back finally. Happy with the performance. But I have a feeling the auber install fried my stereo and dome lights. They plugged into the #1 slot for cig light, dome and radio etc. They used an adapter to house to 15amp fuses for auber and the former items. I pulled adapter and plugged single 15amp fuse back in and no radio or dome light working.

You're checking the fuse under the hood in the small panel? I had some issues with a funky stereo install that caused the same issue and tossed the 10A under the hood.

So got my 80 back finally. Happy with the performance. But I have a feeling the auber install fried my stereo and dome lights. They plugged into the #1 slot for cig light, dome and radio etc. They used an adapter to house to 15amp fuses for auber and the former items. I pulled adapter and plugged single 15amp fuse back in and no radio or dome light working.
If you're working on an HDJ81 make sure to check the two wiring harness connectors under the windshield washer reservoir, it seems that spilled washer fluid over the years corrodes the wires and causes all sorts of problems.

You're checking the fuse under the hood in the small panel? I had some issues with a funky stereo install that caused the same issue and tossed the 10A under the hood.
Stereo runs under dash panel. #1 slot. Cig lighter, etc.

If you're working on an HDJ81 make sure to check the two wiring harness connectors under the windshield washer reservoir, it seems that spilled washer fluid over the years corrodes the wires and causes all sorts of problems.
Ok thanks. I'll have a look at that.

Stereo runs under dash panel. #1 slot. Cig lighter, etc.
Yup. Mine popped the fuse under the hood, but not the one in the dash. My truck is a 1992 HDJ81. I was installing a stereo and there was an issue with the harness.
I lost my dome lights, cig lighter, and radio, and they came right back on when I replaced the 10A fuse under the hood in the small panel.

Yup. Mine popped the fuse under the hood, but not the one in the dash. My truck is a 1992 HDJ81. I was installing a stereo and there was an issue with the harness.
I lost my dome lights, cig lighter, and radio, and they came right back on when I replaced the 10A fuse under the hood in the small panel.
Ok great..ill check that. Do you know which fuse it is?

I went out and checked. I have a small aux fuse panel under the hood on the LH side of my truck, behind the battery.
When I'm standing against the fender, the fuse in the bottom R corner is a 10A, and is marked as "Dome" on the cover.
That's the one I popped that cut off my head unit, and dome lights, and cig lighter.

Hopefully that helps!

I went out and checked. I have a small aux fuse panel under the hood on the LH side of my truck, behind the battery.
When I'm standing against the fender, the fuse in the bottom R corner is a 10A, and is marked as "Dome" on the cover.
That's the one I popped that cut off my head unit, and dome lights, and cig lighter.

Hopefully that helps!
Awesome thx! That should do it. I'll let you know in a week If that's it. Van island for a week holiday.

Awesome thx! That should do it. I'll let you know in a week If that's it. Van island for a week holiday.
So just got home and checked dome fuse. It was blown. Now I'll have to buy a few 10 amp fuses and troubleshoot. I still think the auber is probably the cause.

You may be correct, but at least you're barking up the right tree now!
Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom