Builds Atwalz 2013 TLC 200 Build Thread. (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Living on the east coast now my overlanding is sand and mud and now we have floods , when I lived out west I had FJ40’s and full tube frame buggies . I’m back in the eastcoast rat race working for a few more years out here .
I‘m building another mud truck but can’t bring the family LC both 200’s I have sinks like a rock being stock You don’t get far .
I have a pile of brand new parts including RW wheels , BP-51 a big pile of parts .
If I do the Tundra kit I will have to start over , I can use my Chaos adj rear links , but the rest of the parts will have to go , I like the RW wheels a lot .
30mm on the rear was enough to Aline the tracking to the front ? How far is the front tires sticking out with the 0 offset ?
How much longer did you have the brake lines , did Crown make them up ?
Thanks

Last edited:
Living on the east coast now my overlanding is sand and mud and now we have floods , when I lived out west I had FJ40’s and full tube frame buggies . I’m back in the eastcoast rat race working for a few more years out here .
I‘m building another mud truck but can’t bring the family LC both 200’s I have sinks like a rock being stock You don’t get far .
I have a pile of brand new parts including RW wheels , BP-51 a big pile of parts .
If I do the Tundra kit I will have to start over , I can use my Chaos adj rear links , but the rest of the parts will have to go , I like the RW wheels a lot .
30mm on the rear was enough to Aline the tracking to the front ? How far is the front tires sticking out with the 0 offset ?
How much longer did you have the brake lines , did Crown make them up ?
Thanks
Front and rear tires stick out ~ 3” with 0 offset. Crown built me +4” brake lines than stock. You can use LC A-arms to save some dough. RW will not work with drop bracket lift. You can use em with spacers. I end up selling RW and went with method 704 17” wheels. Someone here on mud drove from AZ to pick them up from Sacramento. I still have Icon Coilovers, rear shocks and Camburg arms from my previous version of lift. I can still park my 200 in garage 😀. I am running spidertrax 1.25” spacers in rear on 0 offset wheels. I like wider track with lift and provides better handling. 84” OD for front tires.

ED094241-70BB-47D5-A629-F6736962A47A.jpeg

F092E5F6-9719-4DC0-B76B-9B0E02A1FEF5.jpeg

How is the method wheel arm clearance compare to the RW / spidertrax , I have a set or the RW and spidertrax 1.25 brand new in the box .
Makes more sense to me Tundra UCA , LCA and set of Tundra axles , seems cut and dry then a set of extended lines and of coarse the BDS 4.5 front parts .
I have a set of Chaos adj rear links including the track bar but might order the rear Kdss rear arm from AU
I’m kind of starting over and I have not even started .
I have 2 sets of New UCA for the LC one chaos with delta joint , other set SPC , new BP51 setup all never used and as I said the new in the box 5 RW and set of the spidertrax spacers .
I would be a bit ahead of what you did just because I have not pulled mine apart yet .
Thanks for the info !

Installed a stedi led bar.

0CB72A6A-60BF-4DAA-A489-3664BE112B62.jpeg

Hey @Atwalz ! I know you build has evolved since your Tundra LT LCAs. I just got my Land Cruiser and saw your amazing build here! I have some 0 offset wheels on order and just found out about the Tundra LT suspension swap. Would I still be able to run those wheels on I’m hoping 35’s with the Tundra swap without too much cutting? Figured I’d just ask. I tried searching but information is all over the place! Thank you.

Hey @Atwalz ! I know you build has evolved since your Tundra LT LCAs. I just got my Land Cruiser and saw your amazing build here! I have some 0 offset wheels on order and just found out about the Tundra LT suspension swap. Would I still be able to run those wheels on I’m hoping 35’s with the Tundra swap without too much cutting? Figured I’d just ask. I tried searching but information is all over the place! Thank you.
Most likely you need to do body mount chop. Full up travel will crush your fender lower corner near door. Fit the wheel and tire combo and start trimming.

Custom rear driveshaft w/double Cardan Joint built by a local shop. Tube thickness is 0.134" x 3" OD using 1310 splicer U Joints.

35618451-71E4-467C-9B26-0DAA33C4CD4E.jpeg

34793AB6-1092-4448-93B3-8538A3473FCB.jpeg

Last edited:
Swapped front Bds KDSS link with hiem joint homemade links.

08D28AA5-7155-4466-84A3-2307F2E5A442.jpeg

5FD8D03E-1296-4712-9DCE-E95D7B917536.jpeg

So the front diff pinion seal started leaking. Instead of replacing a seal and waiting for it to leak again. I choose to pull the diff out and send it to River City Diff for rebuilding. Upon inspection, it was discovered bearing load was set too tight and caused the bearings to fail. Folks who did the work originally closed shop. I reached out to Valley Hybrids for work and was referred to River City Diff. New 4.88 gears, bearings, and an Eaton air locker were installed. ARB front locker and old gears were no longer usable. expensive mistake by installer. It was out of warranty. Now I have a front Eaton elocker and rear arb air locker. Both lockers operated from a factory Toyota locker switch.

Last edited:
Relocated washer fluid reservoir . It’s designed for 4 runner by Rago fab, but I was about to fit to cruiser with some custom brackets. I only connected two pumps (front and rear). Fluid level sensor and headlights washer were deleted. This eliminates the washer hoses from damage as I deleted fender liners and cut fenders a while ago. I didn’t have to extend the harness. Reservoir hold 2 liters of fluid. Low fluid level warning light will not come on since sensor is not connected.

IMG_1103.jpeg

Relocated washer fluid reservoir . It’s designed for 4 runner by Rago fab, but I was about to fit to cruiser with some custom brackets. I only connected two pumps (front and rear). Fluid level sensor and headlights washer were deleted. This eliminates the washer hoses from damage as I deleted fender liners and cut fenders a while ago. I didn’t have to extend the harness. Reservoir hold 2 liters of fluid. Low fluid level warning light will not come on since sensor is not connected.

View attachment 3520530
Glad you took the leap, I was trying to find a replacement - any worry about blocking front airflow to radiator at all?

Glad you took the leap, I was trying to find a replacement - any worry about blocking front airflow to radiator at all?
I report back if there are any airflow issues. Probably will wait till summer to know results.

Sold 200 three weeks ago. Acquired 2024 Tundra HV limited crewmax 6.5 bed.

IMG_1630.jpeg

IMG_1628.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom