ATF change/flush (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just dropped the transmission pan on my 93 with 282,000 miles.

To my surprise it was a gasket and not FIPG. I removed all bolts, gave it a back with my hand and it never moved. OKAY, got the big dead blow, gave it one light back and down she came, what a fawning mess, even after letting it draining for a few hours.

Anyways, there are 4 small rectangular magnets in there? Is this normal or has someone put them in there? No metal particles anywhere fortunately.

I have Castrol Transmax to go back in, going to do the Rodney flush shortly, I will leave the magnets in there as I think they are a great idea.
Going to drop the screen and have a look/clean and re-install.

But those magnets, are they normal?

Cheers

I am baselining this rig, time is not a factor.

There was actually a little bit of adhered soot/fine sludge like material on the inside of the pan and on the filter. After the filter was cleaned there was little bit of metallic shine to the cleaner. Here is keeping my fingers crossed :oops:.

The drained fluid was not terribly dirty/dark. but it was not nice and red either. This is one item off the long list of to do on this truck.

put it all back together, fill with fluid and forget. The a442F is as strong as they get, unless you are experiencing issues then don't put a second thought into it just mark the millage you did this fluid change in your records and be happy.

When she warms up she is slow in the 2-3 shift. It happens but its like a delay, no large rise in rpms while its doing the 2-3 shift so I don't think its slipping. I Hope the new fluid improves it?

I am not sure if the current fluid in it is synthetic or dino so I want it to be 100% syn.

check your kick down cable, adjust per the fsm.

Or if it has larger tire, etc, tighter, adjust for the shift firmness you prefer. While you were in there, could have turned up the system pressure, firms it up.

Completely stock truck, tires, gearing etc. Kick down cable replaced by Valley Hybrids before I picked up the truck and drove it back to NS.

Maybe I will check it out as per the FSM.

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom