Ashamed to ask - bug deflector (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

caz

Keystone Cruisers
Threads
All,

My PO did a number on the front 1" of the hood and fenders of my recently aquired LX450. I am looking for a bug shield that will cover until I can find a new hood and get the paint done.

I can't find pictures of bug deflectors on vehicles!! How do manufacturers expect to sell them with no pictures of the application?

Pictures of brands other than OEM would be appreciated! Looking for one that covers the front corners of the fenders.

Thanks,
CAZ

don't know if this is oem, go to expedition portal and scroll down on their home page

Here's one I found via a google search.

image-453158116.jpg
image-453158116.jpg

I feel your pain. I spent a good amount of time looking for photos of aftermarket deflectors too. No luck.

I eventually went with clear bra instead, although I realize that is not an option for you.

Here you can probably see every AVS brand deflector available on my LC..:D

YOu can probaly find more OLDER pics on my gallery, of different angles.

siradude-albums-fzj80-stock-picture20671-wp-000041.jpg

I rely on the ARB to deflect bugs.
:p

I have an JDM bug guard
photobucket-6675-1333478181131.jpg
2012-03-27_16-13-43_166-1.jpg

My brother in-law has the OEM guard.
downsized_0919001458.jpg

Last edited:
Perfect! Covers the front of the hood and the corners of the fenders. This is what I am looking for! Order placed.

Here you can probably see every AVS brand deflector available on my LC..:D

YOu can probaly find more OLDER pics on my gallery, of different angles.

siradude-albums-fzj80-stock-picture20671-wp-000041.jpg

I actually have a new one in the box, can't remember the manufacturer. I can pull it out and take pics and if you want it I am sure we could work something out. Shoot me a PM if your interested.

caz,
where did you order it, or what is the name of the supplier i might get one as well
cheers,

Siradude, Those window vents are stick on right? How are they holding up?

I'm pretty sure my window vent shades are the same as SiRaDude's. Mine are AVS anyway. They've been on since we bought the truck, almost 3 years, and are doing fine.

I had some AVS brand ones on my old Rodeo for over 15 years and they were OK, no problems in all that time.

The tape AVS uses is pretty bulletproof.

Question I got is this. What does the deflector do if you have an ARB bumper mounted? I took mine off and couldn't tell any difference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom