Ashamed to ask - bug deflector (1 Viewer)

caz

Keystone Cruisers
All,

My PO did a number on the front 1" of the hood and fenders of my recently aquired LX450. I am looking for a bug shield that will cover until I can find a new hood and get the paint done.

I can't find pictures of bug deflectors on vehicles!! How do manufacturers expect to sell them with no pictures of the application?

Pictures of brands other than OEM would be appreciated! Looking for one that covers the front corners of the fenders.

Thanks,
CAZ

Here's one I found via a google search.

image-453158116.jpg
image-453158116.jpg

caz

Keystone Cruisers
Sorry, I guess I was not totally clear....

I know that the OEM looks like - looking for pictures of other brands - unless of course the OEM is still available!

Thanks,
CAZ

Hoosier Daddy

SILVER Star
I feel your pain. I spent a good amount of time looking for photos of aftermarket deflectors too. No luck.

I eventually went with clear bra instead, although I realize that is not an option for you.

Here you can probably see every AVS brand deflector available on my LC..:D

YOu can probaly find more OLDER pics on my gallery, of different angles.

siradude-albums-fzj80-stock-picture20671-wp-000041.jpg

caz

Keystone Cruisers
Perfect! Covers the front of the hood and the corners of the fenders. This is what I am looking for! Order placed.

Here you can probably see every AVS brand deflector available on my LC..:D

YOu can probaly find more OLDER pics on my gallery, of different angles.

siradude-albums-fzj80-stock-picture20671-wp-000041.jpg

I actually have a new one in the box, can't remember the manufacturer. I can pull it out and take pics and if you want it I am sure we could work something out. Shoot me a PM if your interested.

caz

Keystone Cruisers
Good ole JC Whitney!

AutoVentShade or AVS is the supplier. Wait a few days and I will see if it is the one in the picture and confirm.

I'm pretty sure my window vent shades are the same as SiRaDude's. Mine are AVS anyway. They've been on since we bought the truck, almost 3 years, and are doing fine.

I had some AVS brand ones on my old Rodeo for over 15 years and they were OK, no problems in all that time.

The tape AVS uses is pretty bulletproof.

spartan

SILVER Star
Question I got is this. What does the deflector do if you have an ARB bumper mounted? I took mine off and couldn't tell any difference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom