Are the 1F and 2F interchangable? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
By overwhelming pressure (and common sense) I plan on keeping my '63 SWB45 as stock as possible. While the 1f is being rebuilt, is it possible to drop a 2F in? There's a rebuilt one with a weber for sale locally. I don't want to have to make modifications that can't easily be undone.
As always, thanks for everyone's expertise and wisdom.
-Bill

I don't want to have to make modifications that can't easily be undone.

I would just let the truck sit for a few weeks, focus on getting the original engine done and possibly look at some other things while the engine is out that could need attention.

It is not worth the screwing around to make a 2F work in that truck for a few weeks, only to pull the engine again.

:beer:

I would just let the truck sit for a few weeks, focus on getting the original engine done and possibly look at some other things while the engine is out that could need attention.

It is not worth the screwing around to make a 2F work in that truck for a few weeks, only to pull the engine again.

:beer:

x2. There's a lot of screwing around to make up the difference between a 135 and 2F. Engine rebuilding shouldn't take that long.

I know you want to keep it stock as possible but why not have the 2f rebuilt and put in? I don't think it would hurt resell and would end up being a bit better of an engine, just my opinion.....

Stick with the f. Rebuild it and run with it. There are a lot of different opinions, but I think that it is just as good of an engine as the 2f if properly rebuilt and maintained.

As far as your original question, it isn't worth the hassle of sticking a 2f in for a couple of weeks while the f is being rebuilt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom