ARB Twin Compressor Mount Idea (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Thinking of fabricating a bracket to go right here to mount my twin ARB compressor. I was spoiled with Slee's nice trays in other vehicles so I'd like a nice one for the 80. Slee makes a single arb mount for the 95-97, mine is a 94 and I'd really rather use my twin I already have. I don't have any local fab shops that have CNC equip but there are some online so that's easy enough. But they require it to be drawn up in CAD. Anyone know of someone that can draft something like this up?

IMG-1449.jpg

If you plan on running dual batteries with stock mounting that location may be an issue. Typically the washer fluid bottle is relocated there.

I *believe* the slee bracket for 95-97 will work if you delete your PAIR valve on your 94.
You need to remove the silencer, and tweak the silencer bracket. You can keep the PAIR system, but it’s a bit noisier in this configuration. In CO, the emissions ref looks for the silencer as dumb as that is.

Or you can mount the bracket and place the compressor on the inside of the bracket where the battery would be with a little tweak like this fella did

Last edited:
@MurderBird45 Yes, i spoke to Slee earlier today and they told me the same. I got the twin compressor free a while ago, hoped to use it in my 80 so I was just trying to figure out a bracket. I do know it would limit my dual battery option @fresnoLC. Another idea was to use Slee's dual battery and compressor mount kit, but looks to me like the 95-97 maybe uses a different coolant reservoir than the 1994. Maybe some other differences that would make that not usable on a 1994.

@MurderBird45 Yes, i spoke to Slee earlier today and they told me the same. I got the twin compressor free a while ago, hoped to use it in my 80 so I was just trying to figure out a bracket. I do know it would limit my dual battery option @fresnoLC. Another idea was to use Slee's dual battery and compressor mount kit, but looks to me like the 95-97 maybe uses a different coolant reservoir than the 1994. Maybe some other differences that would make that not usable on a 1994.
A little late for a reply but i actually bought the dual battery tray and the washer relocation kit and modded the battery box to fit my dual compressor and it worked perfectly. i drilled out holes for the venting and wires and it mounts in perfectly flat and out of the way well still being protected by the battery tray. Its a lot of cutting and drilling but it works quite well

A little late for a reply but i actually bought the dual battery tray and the washer relocation kit and modded the battery box to fit my dual compressor and it worked perfectly. i drilled out holes for the venting and wires and it mounts in perfectly flat and out of the way well still being protected by the battery tray. Its a lot of cutting and drilling but it works quite well
awesome. Any pics of how it turned out? I still have my compressor on the shelf because I haven't figured out a solution I am happy with.

awesome. Any pics of how it turned out? I still have my compressor on the shelf because I haven't figured out a solution I am happy with.
I will try and take some pictures! I did it very similar to the other comment but mine was just laid flat and bolted to the battery tray itself! I cut out the back by the vents but still kept as much of the structure intact ad possible

I will try and take some pictures! I did it very similar to the other comment but mine was just laid flat and bolted to the battery tray itself! I cut out the back by the vents but still kept as much of the structure intact ad possible
@Halfpint thanks. Mine has some kind of canister coming off the front right side of the air filter so I don't think that battery tray will fit.

@Halfpint and @mudgudgeon

The US 94 model has the PAIR setup. The "canister" is a silencer that connects between the air filter housing and the PAIR valve. There is no problem removing and rerouting the hoses it to fit the second battery tray.

@Halfpint and @mudgudgeon

The US 94 model has the PAIR setup. The "canister" is a silencer that connects between the air filter housing and the PAIR valve. There is no problem removing and rerouting the hoses it to fit the second battery tray.
Cool. I'l check it out. Seems like there was no other place I could easily install that canister. But i'll take a look again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom