ARB Summit SLIDERS (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Madtiger

Mini-Doug
Threads
Ok, i did a search on these ARB sliders and found nothing on this forum. So, i am reserving this thread for my install of them.

As noted in thread above, i have very specific requirements for my sliders. Not too heavy. Easy install. No KDSS line manipulation. Must have step for kids and to prevent rocks from damaging side panels.

BudBuilt and Slee traditional sliders...great, strong as hell products but all their products require KDSS manipulation and overkill (and heavy) for me.

Slee newest sliders for LX...looks amazing and no KDSS manipulation, but the cost was high for me. Slider = $1185, LC kit = $49.99, revit nut = $35, drill bit = $24, and shipping cost = $283.86. Total = $1577.85.

On a recent trip to Black Gap Trail in TX, i did this: Post your wheeling damage pics

So, my sliders plan moved up in priority. (I could learn to drive better, but who has time for that?!)

Thanks to @Eric Sarjeant advice, I picked ARB Summit because it is simple to install (from what i read), made specifically for 2016+ LC, and looks good (again from pics). I went on ARBUSA website and found local distributor. Called them up and ordered. A friend of mine has a shop...so, will stop there to install once i have the sliders.

More info on sliders:

ARB Summit Series Side Rails and Side Steps Kit for 2016+ Toyota Land Cruiser 200 Series

Parts # and cost: (No shipping cost because delivered to my local retailer)

#4415100 Summit Step Section 200 = $821.99

#4415120 Summit Return 200 = $238.99

Total after tax = $1148.51.

Edit: weight of both sliders = 85 lbs!!

Last edited:
Pics... finally got it installed today 5/14/20.

A572BD14-5869-46B4-A2DD-F5AFA4DCB1E1.jpeg

3FB80759-210B-487E-AB23-8596064F1A07.jpeg

F513AEB5-82E0-4F18-870A-99BD2736A3A0.jpeg

Last edited:
Underbody

A44F32DE-0A08-4128-9491-CBE481A5590A.jpeg

5949DD1C-04A5-4F63-9302-2037667BAD66.jpeg

Last edited:
KDSS side

1A372A51-68D5-4240-89C8-97FC710C9A44.jpeg

3FC1F2A0-E980-48DC-8824-B8CEF55BB46D.jpeg

Plate:

84485B9E-07E5-4E40-8C09-AA3C69F64876.jpeg

Last edited:
Ok, i did a search on these ARB sliders and found nothing on this forum. So, i am reserving this thread for my install of them.

As noted in thread above, i have very specific requirements for my sliders. Not too heavy. SUPER idiot-proof install. No KDSS line manipulation. Must have step for kids and to prevent rocks from damaging side panels.

BudBuilt and Slee traditional sliders...great, strong as hell products but all their products require KDSS manipulation and overkill for me. Slee newest sliders for LX...looks great, no KDSS manipulation but i was seeing 4-6 months wait period.

On a recent trip to Black Gap Trail in TX, i did this: Post your wheeling damage pics

So, my sliders plan moved up in priority. (I could learn to drive better, but who has time for that?!)

Thanks to @Eric Sarjeant , I picked ARB Summit because it is simple to install (from what i read), made specifically for 2016+ LC, and looks good (again from pics). I went on ARBUSA website and found local distributor. Called them up and ordered. Should be here in a few days. A friend of mine has a shop...so, will stop there to install once i have the sliders.

Parts # and cost:

Not sure where you got your information, but I haven’t heard of any slider that requires messing with the KDSS. That’s for lifts, not sliders. I know for a fact there’s no messing with KDSS on Slee sliders. I would think BudBuilt are the same.

Wrong info. Sliders do not conflict w/ KDSS.

Not sure where you got your information, but I haven’t heard of any slider that requires messing with the KDSS. That’s for lifts, not sliders. I know for a fact there’s no messing with KDSS on Slee sliders. I would think BudBuilt are the same.

Hydraulic line moving around to slide in plate.

Does it put extra stress on the hardlines? That's my concern with both Slee and Budbuilt.

All it is is loosening a line bracket bolt and sliding the plate up between said bracket and the frame, then reinstalling bolt. The line moves maybe 3/16-1/4”, for my MetalTech sliders anyway.

This all happens far from any rigid mounting or line end, so if there is added stress it must be negligible.

Plus many users on this board have been running sliders on their KDSS equipped cruisers for many, many miles and not had issues.

I’m pretty OCD about the down-stream consequences of my vehicle mods and this was a total non-issue for me.

But, more info on the ARB sliders isn’t a bad thing.

Thanks!

It's a couple of bolts. Not a big deal.

Yeah, I was confused. It’s one bolt holding a bracket with the lines.

Does it put extra stress on the hardlines? That's my concern with both Slee and Budbuilt.

No, as @bloc mentioned, you remove one bolt to allow the slider to mount between frame and lines. You use same bolt and same hole to screw bracket back down. Not a big deal. When I hear KDSS manipulation, I think loosening allen bolts when working on suspension. Below is a before and after picture from Slee install.

But, as @bloc said, great of @Madtiger to provide more info on ARB install.

52nEXmk.jpg

ydodSUZ.jpg

As noted in thread above, i have very specific requirements for my sliders. Not too heavy. SUPER idiot-proof install. No KDSS line manipulation. Must have step for kids and to prevent rocks from damaging side panels.

BudBuilt and Slee traditional sliders...great, strong as hell products but all their products require KDSS manipulation and overkill for me. Slee newest sliders for LX...looks great, no KDSS manipulation but i was seeing 4-6 months wait period.

Thanks to @Eric Sarjeant advice, I picked ARB Summit because it is simple to install (from what i read), made specifically for 2016+ LC, and looks good (again from pics). I went on ARBUSA website and found local distributor. Called them up and ordered. Should be here in a few days. A friend of mine has a shop...so, will stop there to install once i have the sliders.

More info on sliders: ARB Summit Series Side Rails and Side Steps Kit for 2016+ Toyota Land Cruiser 200 Series

Parts # and cost:

I had the Summit Side Steps on my Tacoma and loved them. Considering them for my LC as well when budget allows. I’ll be very interested in seeing the “gap” between the step and the pinch seam/lower body area. With the factory step, there’s zero gap and it looks very finished.

I had the Summit Side Steps on my Tacoma and loved them. Considering them for my LC as well when budget allows. I’ll be very interested in seeing the “gap” between the step and the pinch seam/lower body area. With the factory step, there’s zero gap and it looks very finished.

Definitely a gap. That is one small criticism and thus I held off for a while on ordering it. But all sliders have that I think. Will definitely take pic when I install it.

Any slider that mounts to the frame will need more gap than factory running boards to account for movement between body and frame... of which there can be a surprising amount. Stock steps mount to the body so this isn’t an issue.

Still, good sliders can tuck up pretty tight. Mine don’t hang down past the lower edge of the plastic covering the pinch weld so there is no air gap in the middle, even though the body curves upward there.

Any slider that mounts to the frame will need more gap than factory running boards to account for movement between body and frame... of which there can be a surprising amount. Stock steps mount to the body so this isn’t an issue.

Still, good sliders can tuck up pretty tight. Mine don’t hang down past the lower edge of the plastic covering the pinch weld so there is no air gap in the middle, even though the body curves upward there.

Well here’s hoping that ARB gets it right. Eric has said that they look great in person. Crossing my fingers.

Never owned an ARB accessory. Just heard about them being really well made to the vehicle. I do like their rumored R&D investments, such as crash testing their bumpers etc.

EDIT: this was written on ARB site:
“An exhaustive research and evaluation program is undertaken to ensure all side rails and protection steps are fully compatible with side air bags (where applicable) and don’t interfere in any way with modern vehicle safety systems.”

Last edited:
Well here’s hoping that ARB gets it right. Eric has said that they look great in person. Crossing my fingers.

Never owned an ARB accessory. Just heard about them being really well made to the vehicle. I do like their rumored R&D investments, such as crash testing their bumpers etc.

ARB does make truly great gear. They have earned their reputation in the industry, and that includes their pricing, in my opinion.

Like I said, I’m happy to see more info on their less common products even if I don’t need them. More options in the market is a very good thing. My above post is just to try to explain why ARB might have done what they did with the gap.

I personally don't get why people would pay so much more for something weaker. Not trying to be anti-arb or a fanboi, but the budbuilt products are terrific and a bunch less money.

Has anyone compiled the weights of different slider options?

Different people will have different uses. Personally I feel budbuilt is overkill for what I plan to do, and in general a rig being as light as possible while still being capable of intended use is a good goal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom