ARB JACK mount (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Eric Sarjeant

Ed Martin Toyota (Indianapolis)
Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
www.edmartintoyota.com
ARB JACK Mount for a 200-Series Land Cruiser. Powder coated titanium to match the wheels. What are your thoughts?

Post powder

DBAC3CDD-F7C4-49A1-A758-B4FB6C31915E.jpeg

7727DD5F-C647-4182-A978-B1C2FA650BBC.jpeg

Pre powder

26AC1E33-A77F-459E-BE77-20D806A0D941.jpeg

D07C5226-97A8-4E26-B372-E65F917BD7DC.jpeg

You need to find a better welder.

Hey, you asked...

You need to find a better welder.

Hey, you asked...
I’m trying to help people and add/support cool and creative ideas to the community.

Last edited:
Very nice. Those who invest in an ARB jack and who do not have drawers or fridge slides may be interested. Do you have a way to arrange for retail sale of all the good ideas you are implementing?

Thanks! I'm not really interested in retailing anything except the Land Cruisers because most everything we do is a service or outside my business model. The idea(s) are free and shared for others to copy or improve upon.

Crazy question but do you own a LC or hit the trails? You've shared a lot of motivation/inspiration w/ the LC community, would be weird if you weren't "one of us"

Thanks for sharing all the ideas/videos/builds!

I like the base but personally I'd want something much more substantial holding the top of such a dense/missile-like object that is inside the passenger compartment in case of serious accident. One of the mesh barriers I've seen on your build would probably get the job done in another way.

When I was considering putting a hi-lift on my roof I had an idea for a kevlar tether to a solid anchor so it didn't mess someone else up in case of accident.. and that wasn't even inside my vehicle.

Crazy question but do you own a LC or hit the trails? You've shared a lot of motivation/inspiration w/ the LC community, would be weird if you weren't "one of us"

Thanks for sharing all the ideas/videos/builds!
I own a 2020 LC200 base (silver/terra) and a fully restored 1979 FJ40 which you may have seen on some of my videos/pictures. I drive a demo daily (2020 Avalon touring). I previously owned a 2017 LC200 (grey/terra), prior to that was a 2013 LC200 (grey/black), prior to that was a 2010 LC200 (grey/grey).
I’m not much on actually going out on the trails, I aspire to very much, but I work 75+ hours a week and have a 4 & 6 yr old. Life has a way of moving fast, but I’m planning on being at LCDC. When I was a young punk and built Toyota pickups I had more real hands on experience, but I’ve forgotten more than I know about real world recovery and technique at this point.

Thanks Eric, you have plenty of cred on this forum!

I like the base but personally I'd want something much more substantial holding the top of such a dense/missile-like object that is inside the passenger compartment in case of serious accident. One of the mesh barriers I've seen on your build would probably get the job done in another way.
I definitely understand where your coming from. I secured that Quick Fist with a steel plate bolted to the seat belt restraint behind the plastic trim. It would take a solid collision to dismount.

I definitely understand where your coming from. I secured that Quick Fist with a steel plate bolted to the seat belt restraint behind the plastic trim. It would take a solid collision to dismount.

My concern would be the quick fist itself failing. The ones I have and larger ones I’ve seen are just rubber.

Either way.. it is certainly a clean install.

I have that jack, and it's great !! I also have the arb drawer system, so I have been putting it in a drawer for now.

That's is an excellent place if the 3rd row seats are in and you don't have the draw system.

my experience with jacks -- highlift, air actuated hydraulic, electric/hydraulic, bottle, leads me to recommend storing them outside. If you store them inside you will more often than not make a mess of the inside when you go to put the jack back after use. And, a good deal of the time in the circumstances when you need to deploy a jack and recovery gear, getting at the jack and recovery gear if it is inside the vehicle can be precarious, difficult and in some situations dangerous.

In the event it might be of passing interest some of the "solutions" I have incorporated may be found at www.reichek.org/LX-2013v1/index.html -- a three-page thumbnail, to full size picture, gallery of pictures of our vehicle -based on a 2005 Lexus LX470 with detailed specifications of the vehicle on the 3rd page.

I am considering adding a ARB hydraulic jack to replace one of my existing jacks but cannot get a response to my inquiries from arb sales or tech - despite repeated efforts.

- is a mount available or in the works? if yes when and if not, why not?
- locking lever handle breaks too easily - weak design, is this a standard size and make of lever? Is a solid metal, or made from billet, version available? can I buy spares? if so what is the part number?
- must it be stored vertically?

😍

I have that jack, and it's great !! I also have the arb drawer system, so I have been putting it in a drawer for now.

That's is an excellent place if the 3rd row seats are in and you don't have the draw system.
How are you able to fit the Jack in your ARB drawer? Maybe at an angle? I have the Jack and one drawer. Didn’t see a straightforward way to out it in the but maybe that is because I keep it in the case?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom