ARB Intensity - "knockoff" or "unbranded" versions. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Those are the ones I got, rebranded Light Force 215 LED's.

Did you install the daytime running light component? Curious how you wired it up.

I'm also looking for some amber covers and am having a heckuva time finding 215mm covers.

I have wired up the DRL on those, but discovered it was all about the ground. Worked much better when grounded to the battery. Then for the positive, I used two relays and configured it so the DRL only comes on when the engine is running, and then when the headlights turn on the DRL turns off.

Last edited:
Did you install the daytime running light component? Curious how you wired it up.

I'm also looking for some amber covers and am having a heckuva time finding 215mm covers.

Mine aren't installed yet, project is on the backburner.

I've only been able to find black and clear lenses for these units.

$99 off amazon and they work great. They came with clear and diffused lens covers. I purchased a set of amber separately. Hookup was done through the Warn winch accessory port.
39468060_10209697065938400_6566483689633480704_n.jpg

Ive been watching this thread more and more to find a replacement for my 96w arb knock off lights.

I finally decided to take a shot at the following:

It's supposed to be a light force as others have noted. It hasn't arrived yet, but its got Deutsch connectors and German made chips. I chose a combo pattern and I'll likely be throwing it on next weekend.

I'm either going to take off my unbranded led's or put some yellow laminx on there and use them as a pure fog light. The pattern isn't cutting it for the types of super dark west Texas driving I've used them for.

Only the 7" round Aurora's are rebranded Light Forces that I'm aware of. If the lightbar is built to the same standards you should be happy with it though.

Of all the lightbars I looked at, they had the most info on their products for a confirmed offshore company.

20 inch 120W SAE dual row led light bars for trucks-Shenzhen Aurora Technology Limited

I was ready to go with a local company of www.plashlights.com but they are actually rebranded totron and aurora bars also at 3x the price.

I have lots of Aurora, both branded and unbranded in stock and I can say that their quality is definitely better than the "typical" Chinese lights. I had many discussions with them prior to importing them.

David

I have lots of Aurora, both branded and unbranded in stock and I can say that their quality is definitely better than the "typical" Chinese lights. I had many discussions with them prior to importing them.

David

Once I figure out what I want, I'll buy from you. I just want to make sure I get more light than what I currently have from a round light.

These look an awful lot like the units from Stedi (Type-X™ Black 8.5 LED Driving Lights). I've got a pair of the 8.5 Type X and they're great. Compare well to the ARB Intensity, there's a few videos on YouTube I think. Definitely not Amazon-type Chinese LEDs.

The housing, the wiring, all of it looks the same. The prices at Stedi are in digiridoos, and the conversion rate is still pretty favorable for us. Also have the ARB bar fog light replacements from Stedi, they're great too.

@LC4LIFE or anyone else have video tests of the 9" Aurora lights?

Thanks

@LC4LIFE or anyone else have video tests of the 9" Aurora lights?

Thanks

Not that I know of. I do plan on mounting them up on my 80 so I can go drive around and video them. Right now, all I have done are some pictures when I initially compared them to my lightbar. I have been very impressed the with Aurora stuff though. The 9" was much brighter and better coverage than I expected.

$99 off amazon and they work great. They came with clear and diffused lens covers. I purchased a set of amber separately. Hookup was done through the Warn winch accessory port. View attachment 1859475
Do you have the link by chance to these lights?

Is anyone here running the 9" Aurora LED lights? I'm wondering if there are any light covers that fit them (necessary to legally run them here).

Other than that, are these as good as the 7" ones that are basically unbranded Lightforce units and seem to get good reviews in most places?

To avoid confusion, I'm referring to the alo-r-7-p7e7jh (9" diameter housing, 7" lens).

Last edited:
Is anyone here running the 9" Aurora LED lights? I'm wondering if there are any light covers that fit them (necessary to legally run them here).

Other than that, are these as good as the 7" ones that are basically unbranded Lightforce units and seem to get good reviews in most places?

I've got the ALO-R-7-P7E7JH 7" which is the unbranded LightForce, LED215's and the covers from Lightforce do snap on perfectly, but I'm pretty sure there's only a 5" version, and not a 9" version besides them in a round light from Aurora. If you've seen a 9" version, let me know, but I think we are talking about the same thing, and they are pretty amazing! I can measure them in the morning, I'm sure they are bigger than 7" at the exterior edges.

@IanB: I suspect we are. The confusion lies in the nomenclature they use on their website: LED Driving Light-Shenzhen Aurora Technology Limited

They refer to the 5" lens model as the 7" light and the 7" lens model as the 9" light (housing diameters).

If you look at the actual measurements, I also measured with a tape, the lens is about 7" and the body is about 8.5. It seems like they may have rounded to 9" for the overall diameter or something like that.

Any idea if the stedi 8.5 covers will work with chinese knock off lights? I like these smiley faces. ;<)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom