ARB Intensity - "knockoff" or "unbranded" versions.

I have a set of these "10 inch" chinese made lights off of Amazon.

Amazon product
I have been very pleased with them. I need to get around to actually measuring the draw but they blow 30 amp fuses which seems to put them damn close if not at their claimed power rating. That in itself is surprising for Chinese lights. They are not as tight a focus as I would like, but with this type of tech, they can't be. They do however concentrate the main output of the light down the road nicely while still throwing enough side scatter to give broad illumination close in. In fact the side scatter out does the output of my (chinese) "520 watt" LED light bar and the central beam makes the light bar laughable.They have been in the rain and snow for months now and immersed during water crossings as well and seem to be completely waterproof.

They seem to be sturdy and well made. I have zero complaints. I expect I will buy another set or three for my other rigs.

Mark...

davidp14

SILVER Star
How about durability as far as bouncing these down trails? Have they had much of this type use?

I'm looking for a reasonably priced 7 or 9 inch round led but I spend a lot of time in the woods and I've read a few complaints about them failing from shock impacts of dirt and washboard roads.

I put a fair bit of trail miles on my rig every year. Plenty of washboard type terrain and plenty of whoop-de-whoops too. No problems with the lights so far. Still very happy with the ones I have. (See my post above for the specific lights.)

Mark...

yea I haven't found another either.
Do these work well? is the light output actually yellow or amber? is it decreased?

Amazon product
They were $10.99 when I ordered. It seems they're no longer available and I wasn't able to find an alternative with a casual search. There is the ARB Intensity version available, but at a whooping $57.
Do these work well? is the light output actually yellow or amber? is it decreased?

Running the light output through any filter will decrease it to some degree, and create heat as a by-product. How far the light color is changing through the filter will dictate how much is lost, and how much heat is produced. Whether you can tell it's less light is another story.

i mean yea...there currently is a clear shield over it already. I just wanted a more of a yellow output

i mean yea...there currently is a clear shield over it already. I just wanted a more of a yellow output
Yes, it is a full amber output. I used these heavily when in snow conditions and they were perfect. Also, I've ran them for long periods of time (2-3 hours) with no heat transference issues between the light and filter. There was negligible decrease in the throw, but in all honesty the throw from the pair of 96W lights with these on was still stellar.

Top Bottom