ARB Drawer Owners...... I Have Some Questions for You. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

There are several different mounting hat orientations for each Series, match it to the appropriate setup and I've not had an issue including many 80 installs. Fwiw

Just got drawers in yesterday while at Slee. I installed them myself on my 100, but was already at Slee and time constrained. They did a great job, and I'm glad to have one of my favorite 100 mods on my 200.

Man, Slee did a fantastic job. Due to work needs for tons of outlets & charging, I ended up with 3 sets of 12v/USB...with two mounted on powder coated plates that replace those useless, tiny cup-holders in the back windows & another hidden within one of the trim openings.

Last edited:
Drawer stop/lock isn't holding a drawer when fully opened. Guessing the clip snapped off.

Just thinking of taking the tops off to review/remedy has me pissed off.

Drawer stop/lock isn't holding a drawer when fully opened. Guessing the clip snapped off.

Just thinking of taking the tops off to review/remedy has me pissed off.

Likely... Takes just a few minute to pull. If you have a RDRF you just open the slide to resolve.

Likely... Takes just a few minute to pull. If you have a RDRF you just open the slide to resolve.

Another Q:
I've got rolling floors and want to remove a drawer completely for access to side screws...but I can't see what releases the drawer for slide-out removal. ??

Another Q:
I've got rolling floors and want to remove a drawer completely for access to side screws...but I can't see what releases the drawer for slide-out removal. ??

IIRC, you can't pull the drawer all the way out unless your remove the stops.

IIRC, you can't pull the drawer all the way out unless your remove the stops.

Hmmm. You may be right, though I was told otherwise by another party...without success. I'll get back to that party and report.

Great thread on the ARB drawers with good feedback. Had a few questions and thought I'd ask here to document.

Curious if anyone has issues with either the fixed or roller top sagging from the weight of a loaded fridge? Any issue or concern with the roller top or slides holding the weight of a heavy fridge when extended? Have an 82 qt ARB fridge and wondering if the ARB drawers can hold the weight without sagging over time?

Do the roller tops come equip with the lock in/lock out feature?

For anyone who has had these installed for some time, how has the carpeting finish held up? Does it hold/trap dirt, dog hair, etc...? Can it be easily vacuumed and cleaned?

Thanks!

Great thread on the ARB drawers with good feedback. Had a few questions and thought I'd ask here to document.

Curious if anyone has issues with either the fixed or roller top sagging from the weight of a loaded fridge? Any issue or concern with the roller top or slides holding the weight of a heavy fridge when extended? Have an 82 qt ARB fridge and wondering if the ARB drawers can hold the weight without sagging over time?

Do the roller tops come equip with the lock in/lock out feature?

For anyone who has had these installed for some time, how has the carpeting finish held up? Does it hold/trap dirt, dog hair, etc...? Can it be easily vacuumed and cleaned?

Thanks!
For every single one of your questions...the answers are all good news. My Outback Solutions drawer/floor on my 100 took a LOT of weight, abuse, and dog hair...but vacuumed easily, never sagged, and were/was the most appreciated/utilized, not-performance mod I ever did. The roller floors do lock out/in...requiring more force before they release from their fully-extended positions...as well as locking closed. So...you could be parked on a downward slope and both the drawers and roller top would remain extended in locked-out position. Similarly, an upward slope would not pull either out until you release them. Finally...if you lock the drawer closed with the key...the roller floor is also locked in.

As for the fridge weight when extended... When you pull your sliding floor out, I think you'll find that the back end of most fridges will still be over the base. That means that a fair amount of the fridge's weight is not leveraging downward on the over-hanging rolling floor, and means the over-hanging floor is not actually having to support as much leverage as it seems. -Just like pushing a heavy door shut by pushing right next to the door hinges takes a lot more force than pushing by the doorknob well away from the hinge, your floor can handle weight since so much of it is not leveraging as it would if the entire weight was fully extended.

Last edited:
PS. An added bonus of the drawer's carpeted cover: Its a fantastic match for Velcro! This means that Velcro patches, trunk organizers (equipped with the barbed-side of Velcro stripping) will attach themselves if so desired. Also...the faces of the drawers do this as well. This means you can even stick small Velcro-backed zipper bags to the front of drawers for quick access to small doodads (asn idea I'm about to copy from @steenh and his great build thread!).

PS. An added bonus of the drawer's carpeted cover: Its a fantastic match for Velcro! This means that Velcro patches, trunk organizers (equipped with the barbed-side of Velcro stripping) will attach themselves if so desired. Also...the faces of the drawers do this as well. This means you can even stick small Velcro-backed zipper bags to the front of drawers for quick access to small doodads (asn idea I'm about to copy from @steenh and his great build thread!).

Thanks for the props, but don't want people going in the wrong direction searching for my great build thread since I don't actually have one LOL. You must have me confused with someone else.

Thanks for the props, but don't want people going in the wrong direction searching for my great build thread since I don't actually have one LOL. You must have me confused with someone else.
Haha!! Whoooooops! I'll correct that! :) I think it was indycole...

Another Q:

You have to pull off the two stops. One on each side of the drawer, two 10mm bolts per stop. Be sure to keep track of their orientation.

You have to pull off the two stops. One on each side of the drawer, two 10mm bolts per stop. Be sure to keep track of their orientation.

OK. Thanks. I guess they can't be accessed/removed by simply sliding the roller floor after all, then...?

Last edited:
OK. Thanks. I guess they can't be accessed/removed by simply sliding the roller floor after all, then...?

Why can't they? Slide out floor, remove 4 bolts, remove drawer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom