ARB Drawer Owners...... I Have Some Questions for You. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

When the slide is open, the contents of the drawer is visible.

There is a flip switch on the slider that can only be switched with the drawer open. It locks the slider so when the drawer is locked, your stuff is secure.

When the slide is open, the contents of the drawer is visible.

There is a flip switch on the slider that can only be switched with the drawer open. It locks the slider so when the drawer is locked, your stuff is secure.

If you REALLY want the most secure drawer, add a lockable tire swing-out bumper. With an external lock on your swing out, there is no way to open the drawer at all, because there is no way to open the tailgate. I used to tote around $40k worth of camera gear in my 100 drawer, and never worried about theft of equipment, since even breaking into the interior would not hpget them access to drawer contents with a lock on my swing-out.

One would need to slide the 2nd row seats forward to mount a hi lift on the drawers.

I didnt have to move them forward. Fit perfectly. Pics inmy build thread

Those who have installed: Remove rear factory floor mat or no?

Yes on the mat. I had to trim the carpet in a couple places (Small) so I could get access to the existing bolt holes. You have to remove the brackets on the floor that are used for tie downs

Thanks. These instructions, what little there are, are worthless. My 4 year old neice could do a better job.

Anyhow... What's new, right?

Ha. The included General Directions kept stating that I had vehicle specific directions included too (stating inside drawer.) Now that I'm looking online and have printed out, this should go a little smoother now.

About 20 pages of pertinent info was missing.

Back to the shop and get this bastard done. Thoughts, prayers, well wishes and casserole dishes to help me through this difficult time are appreciated.

image.jpeg
Back at it...

one hell of a fan you've got there... cooler of beer must be out of the picture?

Nice koozie

Almost seems like you could have done it without the instructions, after you've done one set, right?

Trying to methodically follow the instructions caused me the most frustration, even after I found the vehicle specific ones, as you noted.

image.jpeg
Check the clearance. BAM!

Overall, sort of frustrated but it's a nice product I'm sure I'll enjoy. I'll give an install review one day soon.

^^^ looks awesome, really good! I really want to buy a set. Your insight / review would be nice, along with specific part/package numbers would be greatly appreciated.

I've been holding off b/c aside from being somewhat unsure if i really need drawers but they would sure eliminate the rachet strapped milk crates, along with everything i've heard about the install being a real pain in the ass, i've been loafing. I love the look and utility and can justify the spend but need to s*** or get off the pot on these. What's with all the extra s*** on the Frisbee?

^^^ looks awesome, really good! I really want to buy a set. Your insight / review would be nice, along with specific part/package numbers would be greatly appreciated.

I've been holding off b/c aside from being somewhat unsure if i really need drawers but they would sure eliminate the rachet strapped milk crates, along with everything i've heard about the install being a real pain in the ass, i've been loafing. I love the look and utility and can justify the spend but need to s*** or get off the pot on these. What's with all the extra s*** on the Frisbee?

This week I'm playing catch up at work due to vacationing for a bit. I plan to do an install write up in the near future though. Lot's of leftover nuts, bolts, washer, spacers, et cetera. Those left over were for different installs, I used all that was to be used for a 200. The black screws in the frisbee are for the top deck and were used.

The instructions wanted you to measure everything five ways from Friday, which is not necessary. The fit is so tight, it can only go in one way and no other.

Maybe if I can make this process somewhat easier, the village children will sing songs about it for years to come.

Or perhaps people will fear the bad instructions will return to their village, and the farmers will have concern for their crops.

Last edited:
View attachment 1295830 Check the clearance. BAM!

Overall, sort of frustrated but it's a nice product I'm sure I'll enjoy. I'll give an install review one day soon.

So, does the pic with your bike rack mean that the drawers fit perfectly (extend all the way with room to spare) or does that mean your bike rack is now in the way? (I'm not sure how to translate "BAM".

Couple of times people have mentioned that you can't find the internal drawer dimensions online. Would someone be able to share some measurements? IF these drawers do what i need then they could be a big part of making a LC work for me. But I would like to know why of my "stuff" would fit in them. If they work, then the LC becomes a far more viable option for us. (The #1 thing always driving me away from the LC was the poor arrangement of seating and thereby the poor use of the cargo area. These drawers could solve that. )

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom