ARB bumper install - fitting and wiring 80 Series (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
First post hope I’m putting it in the right spot. I searched for a long time online and couldn’t find a good thread here or on the web or on YouTube. For most I’m sure this is an easy job but I’m no mechanic. So this is for all the newbies trying to fit the ARB bumper on. The instructions that come with it are mostly useless...

Before you start - Lately the ARB bumper is not a slide on job the mounting points are a bit to tight for the 80 series rails to just slide on as it should. I’ve now heard this from multiple people. Call ARB and they will just tell you that your rails are out of spec.

Fitting the bumper - I put a come along on the front rails of my rig and pulled them in slightly I think I got a solid 2-3 click in from it being tight. I also cut a 2x4 and fit it in between my bumper brackets to wedge them out slightly. (I’m not 100% sure if this helped much or not as it’s the outer part of the bracket that needs to expand.. but the board was on when it fit 🤷🏼‍♂️ Once it’s on follow the bolt order they laid out. I personally sorted all the hardware into like groups and the instructions suddenly made sense.

Wiring - it’s as easy as you think. I was just nervous to screw it up as I had no info what I was doing was correct. I put the o rings in and pushed on the black plugs through the indicator housing onto the bumper so it was attached then put the front lens on. Now build the other side of your plug putting the ends in correctly to match up with the pre built female end. I trimmed my wire down before splicing into my lights as I felt is as too long. I decided the black/white wires were my ground and the green ones my power. I tapped in before the bulb on my existing indicator lights. Putting my existing wires at the back of scotch loks in the back channel and the ARB wires in the front channel and pinched the metal down with pliers. Put some electrical tape around my wires and zip tied them in place and they work with my existing indicators perfectly.

Looking back on it was overall a simple process as it should be. But if you don’t know anything about any of this stuff like me I hope it helps.

01B05226-0990-4DAD-9513-AEAC8E83EB8D.jpeg

62976F79-A1FD-4C48-BA9F-A01011BCC476.jpeg

6AFA7985-6CBB-42DA-A0F2-2A5B5C13FD3E.jpeg

D5CCFE58-4B1E-4784-8453-F3B4CB520D2F.jpeg

Also there are multiple ways to attach the license plate bracket. This is what I believe is the correct way. As well as a final working photo of the bumper lights working.
C250D39C-0D4C-4B43-B196-14A7935D4D69.jpeg
45003CAB-4CFB-464B-93C0-CBCD89AEED68.jpeg

Before you start - Lately the ARB bumper is not a slide on job the mounting points are a bit to tight for the 80 series rails to just slide on as it should. I’ve now heard this from multiple people. Call ARB and they will just tell you that your rails are out of spec.

Nothing new, has been doing on just about forever.

Those things are a damn good way to cause electrical problems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom