ARB bar and Warn X8000i (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.urbanlandcruisers.com
Anyone got any PICs or info on mounting a Warn X8000i to an 80 series ARB bumper or mounting to any ARB bar in general.

From what I have been told by ARB, the integrated solenoid winches sold by Warn will not fit, because of the design of the winch. The M-series winches are the ones that were used for original desing. Perhaps Mr. Slee has more on this topic, but the 80 and 60 series trucks that I have installed winches and ARB bumpers on, did not have enough room to clear that style of winch.

Good luck!

-Steve

I dont think that it will fit but I dont want to take it all apart only to need to fab up somthing.

Hmm, David it looks like Carlos' only option is to sell me his X8000 (I'll give him what he paid) :D and then he can go get a new "proper" M12k.

Unless the top of the bumper is cut open you're out of luck...take a look at a Jeep TJ ARB bumper, the top is open and allows the integrated solenoid winch to fit....on many it is only the non "i" winched that will fit (M and XD series as well as the XP series and similar styles)

RJ

From what I have seen with those TJ bumpers, they are designed with a mounting plate on the bottom. The ABR bumpers for the Land Cruiser series use the front of the bumper for the mounting plate, and the bottom of the bumpers are open.

The 'I" series Warn winches have mounting provisions 180 degrees opposite of the solenoid pack on the top.

-Steve

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom