ARB compressor wiring and on board air questions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

workingdog

GOLD Star
Threads
I'm trying to wire up my old dual ARB into my latest project and I can't figure out the wiring from the original manual as it's been hacked at too many times. I'm not using their switches. I already have the solenoids wired to toggle switches and I'm not giong to use the lockout/interlock. There are red and purple and black wires coming from one bundle. I though red was for key on and purple was for compressor on. but when I connected up main power (through bussman) and the little red wire brushed the body, it lit up like a mig wire and melted the butt connector on it. So, it's very hot when there's 12v to the compressor.

Can some one tell me what the red and purple do?

image2.jpeg

Also, I'm trying to put an onboard air outlet on this rig. Last time I found a very cool bracket that had an Anderson and an air disconnect, but I can't find it again. So I made the bracket, and I can't figure out how to attach the check to the bracket, since all the air lines are tapered threads and won't snug up against the bracket.

image1.jpeg

image0.jpeg

You're going to have to look at the original wiring diagram that has wire colors to sort out your wiring issue(s).

The silver fitting in the black thing in your hand in pic 2 doesn't look like a tapered pipe fitting to me.

I googled "old arb compressor wiring diagram" lots came up for single, twin plus 12 and 24 V; I didn't see a purple wire listed but I only looked at a few.

My google-fu says just use the purple wire as the turn on trigger. You don’t need to do anything with the red and black wires. The compressor ground and power come through the grey connector. If you make your feed wire to your turn on switch ign hot that will control the key on function of your switch.

@MOTOV8R - thanks. that's what I thought. I'll just leave the red and black unused.

@charliemeyer007 - I'll get 1/4" coupler today and see if I can get it to work.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom