ARB AND WINCH INSTALL (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I finally bit the bullet and bought a Warn winch and ordered an ARB bull bar. Does anyone have any hints as to installation?

The shop wanted 4 hours labor at 60.00 an hour to install so I said that I would pick it up and do it myself. How long should it take? My truck has zero rust, so removal of old should be easy. I have impact wrench and floor jacks. Any hints? I hope that it lines up with the bullhorns as I understand that often they do not.

BullBar install is a piece of cake. I did it on my 97 by myself. It bolts right up. If I recall correctly, ARB includes installation instructions for adding a winch. You will need a jack for that part, makes it a little easier to line things up once ARB is installed.

Don't you dare pay anyone $60 an hour to install that ARB, I will have to personally come to your house and :slap: :D

Good luck

[quote author=sleeoffroad link=board=2;threadid=6339;start=msg51178#msg51178 date=1066236630]
Except for drilling the two holes in the fairlead for the winch.
[/quote]

And wiring in the lights.

My bar is only 2 months old, and strangely enough my frame rails were too far apart - we broke a cheap come-a-long sqeezing the rails together, but it worked.
I've only ever seen people talk of the rails too far apart, but it stands to reason the opposite was bound to happen sooner or later. I am fairly sure it was the bar, since my truck has no evidence of front end repair.
Installing new parts is the fun stuff man! - My vote is for DIY too!

Definitely doing it myself and the only reason to hire would be to get it done sooner....very impatient, I am. I got the winch last night, but the ARB had to be ordered from Seattle. Between the fac lockers and winch alleviating my fears of getting stuck, I will, without a doubt, leave a trail of fender flares and running boards in a muddy field in Arkansas during duck season.

You live in Arkansas?! :cheers:

Now that I look at your name, you more than likely live in TN. :D

My 80 had the same problem with the chassis horns being too far apart! It's a FJ thing! The winch and the bumper combo is around 200lbs so plan accordingly. If you don't have a buddy, then see if you can scrounge up a engine hoist (cherry picker) or use a tree (big) branch and a come along to lift the whole thing. You'll appreciate the hoist if you have to monkey with your chassis horns!

I would suggest a dry-fit with just the bumper before trying the whole enchilada............. :whoops:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom