Appliance General Tech and Classifieds (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

#staynered

B69D2288-9FA7-4E14-9D38-1476AC64C40D.jpeg

Just heard about this thread :) - read back a few pages to the discussion around the Maytag Commercial W/D.

Anyone get that combo?

I had their CHEAPEST set a few years back that I had to leave with the old house - -was the best - so much better than the other one we had before - came with high water setting. Would love it if this commercial set was as good/better.

I got rid of my fancy, expensive, HE top load washer and got a speed queen maybe 4-5 years ago.
The one with the knob, not electronic controls.

SOOOOOO much better!!
Actually gets the clothes wet.
Just don't use "normal/eco" mode and it will fill with water.

Had to replace the heating element on my Samsung drier. Really can’t complain too much as it is 14 years old and this is the first issue. Turned out the heating element was just fine, thermal fuse had blown due to a small fire caused by 14 years of lint. Had already ordered the full kit with element, thermostat and thermal fuse so went ahead and replaced it all.

The amount of change that fell out when I removed the front cover was impressive.

C2051373-EDBE-498A-962E-8AE853397824.jpeg

1B0F5DEA-EFA3-4A17-81C0-974BBE62D4E5.jpeg

141C698A-9E11-499D-A8FB-0DE09628A151.jpeg

Maytag has run like a top since 2012ish. 3 weeks ago began to sound like a banshee.

rainy day, no plans so installed new everything: belts, bearings, felt in hopes it’ll go another 9ish years!!!

below is the main bearing for the drum and the culprit for our intermittent demon … it lost a plastic retaining clip and was causing cavitation that warped the metal lip.

waiting for felt to dry to reinstall drum.

also I’ll sleep better (or worse thinking about it) knowing a house fire chance was reduced by 85% cleaning out the guts. Jeeesh

DADE2F9D-D169-4754-9171-8CA8BEBB098C.jpeg
89CBE821-68B5-4CE6-954D-103FDE2A15E5.jpeg

Here is a good one. Just over a year old, Samsung fridge. When compressor tries to turn on the breaker trips. Sticker on the front clearly states 10 Year Warranty on the compressor. Called 1-800-SAMSUNG, 1 year warranty has expired but they can “Help” set up an appointment by an authorized Samsung repair facility. Where is this repair company you may ask, Bradenton,FL…Not a single company in the state of MS, AL, LA, hell even TN. Thanks for the “Help” Samsung, would have been better off using styrofoam coolers and stopping for ice every day for the past year.

276CF5F1-5485-4F97-A224-1B1ED0C40F4A.jpeg

Samsung refrigerators blow. Had nothing but problems with mine, went through 3 service calls in the first 45 days and finally got Best Buy to take it back. The one that they gave me back had 5 service calls over 2 years. The freezer still works, the fridge doesn’t so it lives in the garage now. Powers Repairs in Jackson will work on them (or at least used to), not sure what that will do to the warranty though.

Not that I'm expecting a lot of feedback on this one, but throwing it out there. I need to replace our upright vacuum cleaner. The old one was a workhorse for about a decade, 12 amp motor gave up the ghost. Who's got a < $200 rec?
1670865677022.png

Not that I'm expecting a lot of feedback on this one, but throwing it out there. I need to replace our upright vacuum cleaner. The old one was a workhorse for about a decade, 12 amp motor gave up the ghost. Who's got a < $200 rec?
View attachment 3191741

I thought this was going to be another RAV4 post

Thanks, I appreciate the advantages a Dyson has over many others. If we had more carpet, I'd go that route. Our loft is 2000 sq ft of concrete with a few area carpets. We sweep with a 20" warehouse broom pretty efficiently and vacuum the 300 sq ft of carpet we have with that small upright. I do 90% of the vacuuming in our home, so weight/portability not a big issue. Not sure I can justify a $400 Dyson.

We have zero carpet and concrete downstairs as well.

They have a fluffy roller that is titties.

It is a beast on it but you also don’t have kids so you can do s*** on your time not someone else’s.

But I get it 100%

My wife has been complaining that the oven takes forever to preheat. Some days it works fine but when it messes up will take 45 minutes + to get to 400*. After pulling it apart I noticed only one of the 2 burners would ignite. Both igniters were glowing red but the left side would not ignite. Apparently to cut down on gas oven explosions if the igniters do not pull between 3.2 amps and 3.8 amps it will not signal the gas valves to open🤷🏻‍♂️. The online store I usually use for various Viking replacement parts must be smoking the good stuff as they want $504 per igniter as they have less that 100 in stock. Found a few OEM igniters listed on Amazon for $128 each but according to the reviews they were knock offs and not original parts. Found a pair of knockoffs on Amazon for $53 went to check out and $36 shipping was added, f-that. We will see how long eBay knockoffs last as they were $57 a set shipped. Ordered an extra set just in case. I despise appliance repairs.

331B10A0-7D5C-4564-9AA7-004E2BC82E51.jpeg

• Angry
Reactions: dnp
My wife has been complaining that the oven takes forever to preheat. Some days it works fine but when it messes up will take 45 minutes + to get to 400*. After pulling it apart I noticed only one of the 2 burners would ignite. Both igniters were glowing red but the left side would not ignite. Apparently to cut down on gas oven explosions if the igniters do not pull between 3.2 amps and 3.8 amps it will not signal the gas valves to open🤷🏻‍♂️. The online store I usually use for various Viking replacement parts must be smoking the good stuff as they want $504 per igniter as they have less that 100 in stock. Found a few OEM igniters listed on Amazon for $128 each but according to the reviews they were knock offs and not original parts. Found a pair of knockoffs on Amazon for $53 went to check out and $36 shipping was added, f-that. We will see how long eBay knockoffs last as they were $57 a set shipped. Ordered an extra set just in case. I despise appliance repairs.

View attachment 3488230
I need one for my stove grill. Link?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom