Appliance General Tech and Classifieds (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

FJ60Cam

Supporting Vendor
SILVER Star
Threads
Website
www.mosleymotors.com
I'm kinda surprised JT hasn't already started this thread:D

This will be your go-to thread for appliance chat, tech, builds, rants.

First off, :bang::mad::mad::mad::mad::bang:

Our Bosch washing machine has been pretty good to us so far in the few years we've had it. It's an HE front loader, which I bought not to save the planet, but because I needed a shallow stackable set to shoehorn into a closet. Our house was built in the 40's and had the laundry in the kitchen, but we are too good for that.

One day this week, we heard water dripping and had a puddle of water forming under the machine. I recently had to replace the couple year old hoses, so that was the first thing I checked. They were dry. The drip was coming from within.

Last night I pulled its top off for a peak.

image.jpg

Suprisingly, this was pretty easy, only requiring the removal of two screws.

Right away, I could see that the cold water inlet valve was leaking. After undoing the hoses and electrical connector, it came right out.

image.jpg

That's where I'm at right now. Hopefully the parts house in town will have one.

I found a part in stock locally and slapped 'er in, then buttoned it up and put it back in place.

image.jpg

Here's the build part of the thread. This used to be a single door storage closet that we opened up and added plumbing & exhaust (to get the laundry out of the kitchen). Originally I put a set of those small European counter depth washer dryers in with a countertop above. There was plenty of room for those.

That washer took a dump, so I did some measuring and figured I could stack up some full sized models, but I had to go to Lowes and measure all of them to get ones that were just right.

With a generous slathering of Vaseline, they slid right in. There's even 1/4" to spare.

image.jpg

image.jpg

I had to use one of those periscope dryer vents and a side duct kit to go out the side instead of the back.

image.jpg

you sir are one smart mother focker...

There's the lost sock!

Nice thread. I do my share of appliance repairs too. Most repairs are pretty simple. I keep a spare heating element for the dryer and dishwasher water inlet valve for those just in case moments. If I replace a part, then I usually buy another one of the same for next time.

Our whirlpool dryer (duet) has gone through 2 heating elements since 2005 so I like having a spare around. Order it from amazon and save some $$.

my tenant called the other night and said her washer (new front load Frigidaire) was full of water and wouldn't drain. After a short you tube search, I was over there with the shop vac emptying the machine (shop vac worked awesome, couldn't budge the machine full of water). Sorry no pics, but long story short, you tilt the machine up at a 45 degree angle and can access the emptying pump/hose through an access panel under the machine. in the hose leading into the pump there is an inline cup type filter. Remove the hose clamps, reach into the hose and remove the filter. In this filter was a quarter, an earing, a jump drive, and the real culprit a full size poker chip from Harrah's. Drains like a new one now. Still trying to figure out the cosmic mystery of how the poker chip got sucked through one of the little drain holes.

Chris, is that dryer I sold you still kicking?

My appliance repair is to replace that ****.

Washer is at my house. Dryer drying at the farm. First class seller!!!!! I'd buy from you again. 4 stars.

Washer is at my house. Dryer drying at the farm. First class seller!!!!! I'd buy from you again. 4 stars.

We have the same washer/dryer. Had it since 2005 without a single issue except, replacing the heating elements in the dryer.
The washer is made in Germany so is it good quality.

Nolen - if I go deplete Van's of their inventory of tannerite and drag this piece of s*** to Canton, can we put a few rounds of that five five six millimeter into the side and see how high it will launch? I ain't fixin this MF no mo:

image.jpg

Year old frigidaire thermostat in freezer died

Freezer casualties: 4 frozen dinners, a turkey, 6 pounds of ground chuck and blue popsicle crap everywhere

Frig contents: 2 fat tires, 6 pack of sprite, 3 bottles of wine and some cheese. .... Got lucky we cooked out and drank alot recently

$5 part and $8 of stamps should be here tomorrow....ridiculous

Atleast its a garage unit (lowes foor model given to wife for bday)

Cussing will ensue once she loads it back up with meat and beer .......and the coil or fan goes taking $350 of cookout supplies with it.

That's a Kitchenaid they are usually pretty good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom