Anyone seen this instrument cluster before? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Bludozer

SILVER Star
Threads
Looking at a truck right now and seems nice so far from what I can tell, but I have never seen this instrument cluster before installed in an 80. Anyone have any experience with this?

961328740.jpg

That's the first time I knew you could swap clusters with anything.

That's the first time I knew you could swap clusters with anything.
Haven't seen the truck in person but owner is claiming it's fully functional. Would probably swap back to OEM though just to avoid any potential electrical issues.

Deal breaker

Why do you say that? I realize no report is ever 100% but Carfax shows no rollback issues.

I agree. Not sure how you can label something as a deal breaker with no more info than a pic of the dash. Could be a 80k mile anniversary locked truck for $5 but the fact it has a different dash rules it out.:confused:

Why do you say that? I realize no report is ever 100% but Carfax shows no rollback issues.
I don't think any other cluster is going to be simple plug n play. I think you'll find some creative wiring behind there.

Besides that, the CDL, A/T P, PWR & 2nd start lights will be missing.

Can you verify the gauges are accurate?

I don't think any other cluster is going to be simple plug n play. I think you'll find some creative wiring behind there.

Besides that, the CDL, A/T P, PWR & 2nd start lights will be missing.

Can you verify the gauges are accurate?
Oh I'm sure its quite creative behind there, I would swap it back to original. No way to be 100% sure about anything but Carfax mileage is consistent with how the cluster reads. Tough call though as this one is quite a ways away from me.

Sorry, but my mind instantly goes to scam. Not saying it is, but when I start seeing pics shuffled into a For Sale ad that don’t seem to jive with the vehicle I’m buying, that’s a red flag. Did you lay eyes on this, or are you operating solely off what the selling is saying in the phone?

Sorry, but my mind instantly goes to scam. Not saying it is, but when I start seeing pics shuffled into a For Sale ad that don’t seem to jive with the vehicle I’m buying, that’s a red flag. Did you lay eyes on this, or are you operating solely off what the selling is saying in the phone?
Haven't seen it in person yet, would of course do that before proceeding. Apparently he has a buyer now anyways so I'll have to see how that plays out.

Do you have a better picture of that gauge cluster actually in the dash, like a zoomed out photo?

Could be an accident. SD card full of pics and dropped wrong one?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom