Anyone Running Dobinsons Adjustable MRR lift on their 200? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Welp, called to cancel the BP51 last week and order the Dobinsons from Ozark and CO had shipped me the BP51 that day - a month or two sooner than they told me to expect them. Which is great, but at that point due to the cost of shipping and some other factors I decided to keep them. So I was a little bummed as after talking to Ozark Cruisers the Dobinson's looked like a great option. I'm not sure how often I would adjust the suspension settings, but I can see how much easier the Dobinsons appear to be to adjust. BP51 is not hard at all, it's just the access. It would kinda suck if you wanted to make and adjustment while out in the dirt and mud. It rides very nice, not sure how the ride compares to Dobinsons.

Last edited:
Welp, called to cancel the BP51 last week and order the Dobinsons from Ozark and CO had shipped me the BP51 that day - a month or two sooner than they told me to expect them. Which is great, but at that point due to the cost of shipping and some other factors I decided to keep them. So I was a little bummed as after talking to Ozark Cruisers the Dobinson's looked like a great option. I'm not sure how often I would adjust the suspension settings, but I can see how much easier the Dobinsons appear to be to adjust. BP51 is not hard at all, it's just the access. It would kinda suck if you wanted to make and adjustment while out in the dirt and mud. It rides very nice, not sure how the ride compares to Dobinsons.

Did you order the Dobinsons too?

I’m a newbie to off-roading and just getting prepared for LCDC this summer in CO. Just got my Dobinsons MRA/UCA/1" Bora spacers installed this weekend. I agree with others assessment, it really improves on road drive comfort and handling. Plus it really enhances the look of the LC. My wife was very complimentary and surprised how well it looks although she asked if the tires (new) are too small.

A couple areas of concern:
1) It appears to have lifted roughly 3.5”. I measured prior to the lift with LT275/70/18 and it was 19.5” from center hub to fender, and now 23”. There is about a 0.5” difference between the driver and passenger (higher). I’ve heard that suspension settle over time? Any idea if I can expect it to drop an inch? I was expecting 2-2.5” max. I don't want to encounter any issues as a result of it being too high.

2) The location of front driver’s side remote reservoir prevents me from adjusting the rebound. All of the other's I can get to. If any of you have photos of your front driver’s remote reservoir installation, could you please provide a photo as I would like to provide an example to the installer to have him move to better location.

Appreciate any help/feedback.

Attached are before, after and the front driver’s side remote reservoir location.

IMG_4785.jpg
IMG_4831.jpg
IMG_4834.jpg

Put some wheel spacers or aftermarket wheels on it and those tires will look fine with the lift.

What size setup did you go with? The 2.5” all around?

Coil springs don’t settle very much.
Supposed to be:
Front: C59-542 - 2" with stock weight
Rear: C59-545 - 2" with stock weight, 1.25" with 200-400lbs weight

I’m a newbie to off-roading and just getting prepared for LCDC this summer in CO. Just got my Dobinsons MRA/UCA/1" Bora spacers installed this weekend. I agree with others assessment, it really improves on road drive comfort and handling. Plus it really enhances the look of the LC. My wife was very complimentary and surprised how well it looks although she asked if the tires (new) are too small.

A couple areas of concern:
1) It appears to have lifted roughly 3.5”. I measured prior to the lift with LT275/70/18 and it was 19.5” from center hub to fender, and now 23”. There is about a 0.5” difference between the driver and passenger (higher). I’ve heard that suspension settle over time? Any idea if I can expect it to drop an inch? I was expecting 2-2.5” max. I don't want to encounter any issues as a result of it being too high.

2) The location of front driver’s side remote reservoir prevents me from adjusting the rebound. All of the other's I can get to. If any of you have photos of your front driver’s remote reservoir installation, could you please provide a photo as I would like to provide an example to the installer to have him move to better location.

Appreciate any help/feedback.

Attached are before, after and the front driver’s side remote reservoir location.

View attachment 2715853View attachment 2715854View attachment 2715858
Needs more tire 🙌

Put some wheel spacers or aftermarket wheels on it and those tires will look fine with the lift.
They installed 1” Bora spacers. From that perspective they do look nice. I was just worried about the height and will it cause issues down the road. There is now a bit of rubbing that a little cutting should take care of.

MRR's direct from Dobinson's. You'll have to check on availability.

They installed 1” Bora spacers. From that perspective they do look nice. I was just worried about the height and will it cause issues down the road. There is now a bit of rubbing that a little cutting should take care of.
What do the CV angles look like? That would be the area of concern, the rubbing is an easy fix and you already have UCAs for proper alignment.

Anyone know who these Dobinsons MMR ride on the highway compare to Fox, ICON or Kings? I was seriously considering going with Kings as my next setup when I have my 3.0 Icons rebuilt/cleaned up and put up for sale. My local off road shop loves Kings but said they are more maintenance here in the south because of humidity and believe I should go with Dobinsons MMR. My ICONs allow my LC to take corners and break(no nose dive) really well. It’s a very comfortable ride but a bit jarring on slow off-road.

I have the MRR and you can make them ride any way you want. Pretty much an endless amount of adjustments.

Of course if messing with them to dial in for each type use you are in may not be your thing. Maybe you set them one way that you use your truck the most. I think you would have to drive similarly equipped trucks side by side

@Angelo1 I can tell you (after owning both on multiple vehicles) that the King's will be just as much maintenance as the Icon's. You'll want to get the bodies wrapped in Xpel before installing them otherwise the bodies like to corrode. I'll be going with MRR's on ours when the time comes simply to avoid the maintenance and King tax lol. I was majorly impressed with the MRR setups I've ridden in.

@Angelo1 I can tell you (after owning both on multiple vehicles) that the King's will be just as much maintenance as the Icon's. You'll want to get the bodies wrapped in Xpel before installing them otherwise the bodies like to corrode. I'll be going with MRR's on ours when the time comes simply to avoid the maintenance and King tax lol. I was majorly impressed with the MRR setups I've ridden in.
What were your takeaways with MRR vs. the icon or kings on and off-road? Were they smoother and more reactive, etc.?

Anyone know who these Dobinsons MMR ride on the highway compare to Fox, ICON or Kings? I was seriously considering going with Kings as my next setup when I have my 3.0 Icons rebuilt/cleaned up and put up for sale. My local off road shop loves Kings but said they are more maintenance here in the south because of humidity and believe I should go with Dobinsons MMR. My ICONs allow my LC to take corners and break(no nose dive) really well. It’s a very comfortable ride but a bit jarring on slow off-road.
With the Dobinsons MRA 3 Way adjustable you can set up your shocks o be as soft as you want or stiffer to take corners like a sport car and these shocks do not require as much maintenance as the Kings, Icons do.
attached a picture of a 5 year old MRR next to a bran new MRA, the MRA was dissected and all of its components were within tolerance , nitrogen pressure same as the day it left the factory, never leaked, never failed during 5 years of abuse

MRR vs MRA.jpeg

With the Dobinsons MRA 3 Way adjustable you can set up your shocks o be as soft as you want or stiffer to take corners like a sport car and these shocks do not require as much maintenance as the Kings, Icons do.
attached a picture of a 5 year old MRR next to a bran new MRA, the MRA was dissected and all of its components were within tolerance , nitrogen pressure same as the day it left the factory, never leaked, never failed during 5 years of abuse

View attachment 2750185
How many miles were on the 5yr olds? Can the rear bypass be ordered with a longer hose in order to locate the bypass on the inside of rear wheel well? I added a photo of my rear icon bypass.

834D4433-3FBC-4C2B-A098-A7E79C501086.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom