Anyone Running Dobinsons Adjustable MRR lift on their 200? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
What I planned to get was the OME BP51 but no one seems to have them in stock. I have them on order but it looks like Dobinson's kit is available.

I was curious if anyone is using their adjustable lift and what your feedback is. I don't know how they compare to the BP51 as far as ride quality and adjustability. I have had OME lifts on other cruisers / vehicles and have been happy with them.

What I planned to get was the OME BP51 but no one seems to have them in stock. I have them on order but it looks like Dobinson's kit is available.

I was curious if anyone is using their adjustable lift and what your feedback is. I don't know how they compare to the BP51 as far as ride quality and adjustability. I have had OME lifts on other cruisers / vehicles and have been happy with them.
I can't comment on whether MRR is superior to BP-51 or not, but I just listed a lightly used set of BP51s in the Mud Classifieds section if you are still looking.

Interested to know why. Can you elaborate?
It’s fully adjustable by hand with 2 knobs and one blade screw. So much easier to dial in.

Last edited:
It’s fully adjustable by hand with 2 knob la and one blade screw. So much easier to dial in.

Anything else or it’s just easier to adjust? You mentioned it’s superior, so that makes is sound like you’ve had experience with both and it’s much better. I’m genuinely curious as I had BP-51 on my last 200 and was planning to do the same on my new 200 as I was happy with it before. But, always open to looking at other options.

Anything else or it’s just easier to adjust? You mentioned it’s superior, so that makes is sound like you’ve had experience with both and it’s much better. I’m genuinely curious as I had BP-51 on my last 200 and was planning to do the same on my new 200 as I was happy with it before. But, always open to looking at other options.

The fact that you can adjust the ride for any load and any terrain in seconds is such a huge plus that I don’t see how they are comparable personally. No way I would get a BP51 when a MRR is available.

@Ozark cruiser has way more experience with both. Maybe he will chime in.

Do you need the remote reservoir in your system? I have the IMSs which I consider an upgrade over stock and does everything I need it to do. I do not run hours of washboard to boil my oil or like to monkey with dials in my dirty wheel wells when on the trail. I am sure that remote reservoirs have a good use case, but for the majority of people it's just another toy to fiddle with and keep clean. I think either system is a winner, I just didn't see in your OP what your use was going to be for the RR. TBH I went with the IMS over the basic kit for the larger diameter tubes for a modest upgrade in price. The IMSs are basically the same shock as the MRRs without the reservoir. In fact, the reservoir port for the MRR version is on the shock body, it's just capped. OME doesn't really have this middle ground covered. The springs (the most important part) are the same in both Dobinson systems. You pay a pretty big upgrade price for a remote reservoir that has plumbing logistics and additional maintenance to consider. Not trying to talk you out of it, just pointing out that there is a "middle" option with Dobinsons.

Do you need the remote reservoir in your system? I have the IMSs which I consider an upgrade over stock and does everything I need it to do. I do not run hours of washboard to boil my oil or like to monkey with dials in my dirty wheel wells when on the trail. I am sure that remote reservoirs have a good use case, but for the majority of people it's just another toy to fiddle with and keep clean. I think either system is a winner, I just didn't see in your OP what your use was going to be for the RR. TBH I went with the IMS over the basic kit for the larger diameter tubes for a modest upgrade in price. The IMSs are basically the same shock as the MRRs without the reservoir. In fact, the reservoir port for the MRR version is on the shock body, it's just capped. OME doesn't really have this middle ground covered. The springs (the most important part) are the same in both Dobinson systems. You pay a pretty big upgrade price for a remote reservoir that has plumbing logistics and additional maintenance to consider. Not trying to talk you out of it, just pointing out that there is a "middle" option with Dobinsons.

This is all true too. I have the IMS on my 80 and they are fantastic. Valved perfectly for my truck.

The mrr has such a wide range of adjustability for low speed high speed compression and rebound do you can easily get it tuned on top of that larger shaft size and bore for strength and cooling. Bushes are top notch quality for long service life and seals and build quality of the shock is very nice. You will be super happy with the purchase I havnt had anyone want to go to anything else but have changed other high end brands to mrr and customer is allways happier

The mrr has such a wide range of adjustability for low speed high speed compression and rebound do you can easily get it tuned on top of that larger shaft size and bore for strength and cooling. Bushes are top notch quality for long service life and seals and build quality of the shock is very nice. You will be super happy with the purchase I havnt had anyone want to go to anything else but have changed other high end brands to mrr and customer is allways happier

Do you have a set in stock? I ordered the Bilstein but it’s back ordered. Interested in get it installed before my July 4th trip

MRR's are what I have planned for our 200 as well. After riding in a buddies GX460 equipped with them I was sold. We run a lot of ranch roads with a lot of washboard gravel so external reservoirs makes a lot of sense for us.

If you can spare the extra money for the 3 way adjustable MRA shocks go for it. The adjustability is amazing and when yo combine these shocks with the perfect coil spring for your constant load is the best combo that you have ever owned you can go as soft as you want and do trails and be super comfortable in your LC200 or you can set up the High Speed Compression to the highest setting and run high speeds in the salt flats or sand dunes. Also the durability and quality of the MRA components is over the top. I have the experience with their first generation MRR and they were top quality, we use them and abuse them and they never failed when they were upgraded for the new MRA we dissected all MRR shocks and the seals were in perfect condition, shafts, pistons were almost like new, the nitrogen pressure was the same in all 4 and never loss one single psi on them (see pictures)
Now about the BP51 I don't have any personal experience with them but the disadvantages that i know is that they use the same coil spring for all loads which for me its crazy because you gonna need a lot of preload in the coil over for vehicles lifted and accessorized with bumper, winches, dual batteries. another disadvantage that i hear constantly is that setting up the rebound and compression is difficult since the adjusters are located in the actual body of the shock and for the front strut is a pita since the coil is on the way easier
MRR vs MRA.jpeg
MRR vs MRA.jpeg
MRR vs MRA.jpeg
MRR Seal.jpeg
LC200 MRA.jpeg
LC20 MRA Adj.jpeg
LC200 MRR 1st Gen.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom