For Sale Anyone recognize this truck? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Sold my 80 on here a while back but trying to get back into one.

I came across this truck not on here (which I thought was weird). Seller states he purchased last year bone stock from original owner, built it all up from stock and now is going a different route in life.
I'm my head I feel as though I've seen this truck a couple years back, but I'm also aware that there are hundreds of white 80's that look like this.

I'm just wondering if anyone in our community recognizes this truck and can vouch for the owner? Is he a member on here? I checked the build threads on here with no such luck. Seller seems to be very open and articulate with his information, but you never know. Its a long drive back from Oregon to California so I just want to be safe.

image1.jpeg
image2.jpeg

image3.jpeg

image1.jpeg

image2.jpeg

It's been on craigslist for a while. Off and back on.

ah yeah. I kinda asked him about that (thanks for letting me know). after squeezing info out of him, it needs a few things that add up.

after speaking with him, I've squeezed out a few repairs it needs sooner than later. Wish I lived closer to really check this out, but it just seems like I'm in for more surprises if I fly up there.

Some issues that weren't in the ad that I eventually was able to get from him. minor things, but its not a good feeling when people leave out specific issues from their ad:

-both front seats don't move.
-check engine light on
-3 out of the 4 windows do not operate (one is partially open and tape it covering the exposed section

I could deal with the CEL and the replacement gear set for the seats, but the possible electrical gremlin in 3 windows has me concerned.

Last edited:
ah yeah. I kinda asked him about that (thanks for letting me know). after squeezing info out of him, it needs a few things that add up.

after speaking with him, I've squeezed out a few repairs it needs sooner than later. Wish I lived closer to really check this out, but it just seems like I'm in for more surprises if I fly up there.

Some issues that weren't in the ad that I eventually was able to get from him. minor things, but its not a good feeling when people leave out specific issues from their ad:

-both front seats don't move.
-check engine light on
-3 out of the 4 windows do not operate (one is partially open and tape it covering the exposed section

I could deal with the CEL and the replacement gear set for the seats, but the possible electrical gremlin in 3 windows has me concerned.
It's probably just window regulators. New aftermarket are not expensive on ebay.

Could be yeah. I replaced one on my last 80 with an ebay and it worked great. The odds of 3 out of 4 windows not working sounds a bit concerning. I just didn't feel comfortable Driving it back from Oregon to Southern California.

However, it just rubbed me the wrong way that this guy left out so many issues. Had he been more up front maybe it would have sold a long time ago. I passed on it and picked up a 100 locally.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom