Anyone Recognize this cruiser ? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Man, that thing is pretty. Have you seen it in person? How do the usual suspects look?

great looking lx450.

That's a better looking mall cruiser than my rig... Probably hasn't seen many trails.....

waldrtw mud member

I've seen it before and it's nice. The owner was on here and came to an event as well I believe.

Thanks guys I am really looking forward to it. The outside looks really nice, the inside looks a bit chewed up from the pictures, but almost every 80 Ive looked at has shredded up seats after 20 years:flush: I will post more pics here when I pick it up next week.

But people still use them as recovery points even though ARB says not too in their instructions, and in person when you talk to corporate folks kinda roughly.......

Excellent catch. And Maryland. Ask for underside pics as well. Ih8rust

Only other black 450 I know was in Wilmington was Mehai but he had a custom rear bumper as well.

That's a pretty truck, don't let my wife see it, I know I wont. Look hard for rust, something that looks that good probably has pretty good documentation.

Thanks for the replys guys, the one in MD is the same truck. I dont think it is Waldrtw's truck. I don't belive the owner was a mud member. I will check carefully for rust. The seller sent me some pics of the underside and i only see a few tiny spots starting. I would have to get those addressed quick before it gets any worse...

Its in MD right now, the current owner has owned for only 2 years or so. The original owner was in Wilmington,NC and apparently he is the one who did the build.

Last edited:
But people still use them as recovery points even though ARB says not too in their instructions, and in person when you talk to corporate folks kinda roughly.......

Which is why ARB has gotten rid of those "recovery" points and now just has a space on either side for one to connect their winch hook. My 70 ARB and my 60 series ARB both have deleted "hooks".

Update: I went and looked at the cruiser, and ended up bringing it home! I drove it 7 hours from MD to Sc and it performed well. My thoughts: overall it needs a lot of TLC, but looks like it has been well cared for, I got a stack of service records an inch thick. Undercarriage looks better than expected, luckily it looks like this only spent 1 winter in MD. i see a few tiny rust spots starting on the rear axle, i will get those addressed soon. I did not test out the lockers, as there are no unpaved roads anywehre in the DC metro area, but I will test them out soon. I won't say how much I paid, but I am very happy with the deal I got :D

Glad to be an 80 series owner again!

Congrats on the purchase, it looks like a pretty clean truck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom