Anyone interested in these FJ40 headlight bezels? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Got mine as promised great to have and will look great once I get it on, having a hard time getting it out of the house where I am looking at it constantly, many TNX...
Need another one for the wall!

Thank you !!, got it very fast and it looks great !!

:cheers:

Mine's on the way. anyone used the cruiser corps cygnus white rattle can? anywhere else to get a can of cygnus white

I prefered the 2K rattlecan epoxy from apstowerpaint.com over Cruiser Corps rattlecan paint. I had them mix 033 White. I PM'd a77FJ40 a more lengthy review. Here's a couple pics of the epoxy. The plastic piece in photo 2 is Nintendo Wii white:beer:

IMG_1440.JPG

IMG_1442.JPG

IMG_1439.JPG

i'd like one if still available. shipping to 80022

Do you still have some left?
Please put me down for 1 if so. Thanks!

I just got around to mounting mine on the '74 and I may have found a fitment issue with mine... Looking at the photo of @Honger install you can just see edge of the recess for the headlight bucket on the bib at the passenger top side of the bezel. On my truck both sides are visible as well as along the entire top edge of the bezel. Thoughts on how to fix the alignment since it depends on fitting over the headlights? Will try to get the photos since we all love pictures...
Thanks,
Will

Here is the gap across the center, you can see the rub mark in the paint where the stock bezel was...

IMG-20161025-00837.jpg

I used the original bezel as a template to locate the holes in the new one, laying the original on top of the new one and marked the holes for drilling and then drilled them one size larger with the step bit to allow for a little play for mounting... Bad idea?

You can see the gaps in mine because I've put spacers between the bib and bezel... as per original install by Toyota. When you look at mine dead-on you can't see the gaps.

That said, with the OEM bezel you couldn't see the gaps like this, even with the spacers. As it's a reproduction I'm overall very happy.

Yours does appear a bit more severe @tlc762, I'm curious if others have had theirs turn out the same way. I'm also wondering if there are subtle variations in the bib that is producing this result.

Here is a possible solution to that gap these bezels cause as being a clean 90 degree stamped unit where the OEM bezels edges are flared a bit. I have installed some McMaster-Carr 8507K61 on the two bezels I have, and I'll see if that takes up the space of the flare.

As soon as I can find some black vinyl stickers for the "Land Cruiser" lettering on my bezel, I'll take this off my office wall and install it on my cruiser. Then I'll see how well that rubber trim works......

dsc05605-jpg.1345243

I'm interested if these are still available??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom