Anyone have any experience/ opinions on a WARN PowerplanT Dual force HD winch? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I take the old TV/VCR combo approach. That is that if you bought a TV/VCR combo and the TV died, you've got a really big VCR. With this winch, if the winch craps out, you've got a big compressor on your bumper. And vice versa. Though, I cannot comment on their reliability.
If it is less than $700, I say go for it, but you can get a used 8274, which is arguably the best winch out there for FJ40s, for right around that price.

I have one on the Rubicon. If you are looking used, be sure that it has the latter style controller as they changed the design for a reason. Think it was $200 or so to upgrade the parts.
I've had the winch for maybe three years now and only used it a handful of times, but after I replaced that part it's worked just fine. Only really got the compressor part for quick zips with power tools and haven't really tried airing up larger tires with it just yet.

Patience Grasshopper ...

There are 2 on FB Marketplace for $600 each.

Would you like me to hold your hand?

in PA

in WV

Most of these winches have little to no use. After owning mine for over 15 years, I doubt I have more than 1-2 hours of actual winching time. Kind of like a football game.

@1MOA You might try leaving out 8274 when searching for “Warn winch”. I think the best deals pop up when the seller only knows that it is an old model winch made by Warn. It’s a waiting game but you can win if you’re not in a hurry and don’t mind driving.

Not joking here (for once...), but also search "wench".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom