Anyone feel like helping.... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Herb

SILVER Star
Threads
I know that this is a longshot...but I'll ask anyway.

I need to replace some really, really leaky oil lines..but have to remove the headers in order to reach them. I'm just not good enough to do this by myself without dorking something else up.

Does anyone enjoy doing this sort of thing and willing to come help a brutha out? I'm in Fairfax. I'll have plenty of beer.

I met some of you at the swap meet (Felix, Drew) and I bought Felix's stereo...

Doug
'71 FJ40

Whats up doug.

I need to check my the schedule out but I may be able to come by and help sometime this week. Hows the 40 running? I'm in fairfax as well. Andrew

Hey Doug, good to hear from you. I, too, would be happy to help out. Plus, if you come to the meeting this Wednesday, I'm sure we could arrange a time for several of us to come pitch in.

Hey Andrew! The cruiser is running great, thanks. Just as I was beginning to get all comfy and smug....oil starts pouring out of my lines.

I'm not in any real hurry, so whenever is easiest for you. I can be home by 4pm or so on weekdays...weekends are usually shot with kids sports.

btw...have you seen that white FJ62 for sale in Fairfax? You probably arent interested in a 62...but it is gorgeous.

Hey Felix, I'm planning on being there for sure. Of course, I'll have to drive my Honda Civic.......doh!

See you Wednesday night.

Don't worry about showing up unfashionably w/out the 40, my honda has made many appearances at a meeting (most of them actually)

If we want to make this an extra oily day, we could replace my engine side cover gasket that day as well....... it seems to be leaking some (at least its not the rear seal;) )

Hey, that sounds good. Lets plan on it.

I'll see you Wednesday. Cheers!!

Saturday is the day...

Saturday just broke free....so I'll be attempting this repair starting around 9am or so....

Felix, Andrew...? If you've got the time, I sure could use a bit of support...and courage.

If you can't make it, I may call you with questions!!:D

Doug

I need to check to see if my Saturday is still free. I'll let you know.

I just sent this out to the mailing list, so hopefully you'll get some response.

Thanks Felix...but no pressure. I do have a buddy lined up for an extra set of hands. I wonder if two morons is better than one. hmmmm?

Hey Doug,
I might be able to come by on Sat. Where are you in FFX?
Sorry I missd the meeting guys:whoops:

Hey Andrew...that would be very cool..thanks.

I'm in Fairfax Station...off Rte 123 near the old Lorton Prison complex. I'll pm you my address.

I'll prolly start around 9am...and be about half-baked, lost and confused by noonish.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom