Anyone experienced shackle angle issues with ome rear springs? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

dohcdelsol93

snoogans
Threads
These jokers are pointed forward slightly. I've had the rear axle sitting on blocks for a few weeks now to see if it will settle any. Trailgear 5 inch 1.5 over stock shackle nuts are not squishing the bushings so she's swinging free.

Then part number cs010r seems consistent with 87 4 runner rear springs. Im going to have to chop the shackle mount and move it forward to get proper angle. Otherwise this classic runner ride like a classic 40 with 4 inch skyjacker springs. I happen to like my kidneys and morning coffee so it has be addesssed.

I purchased ome over cheaper springs to avoid issues like this. If I couldn't cut/weld this would be a real pain. It's still a pain, might cost me half a day on the weekend and a few cold beers.

20211120_113027.jpg

I might be wrong but I think shorter oem shackles would make it worse, maybe longer would help the angle?

I'm looking to clear 285s (possibly 315s)with my 4.36 slush box gears, possibly 35s. I have 2 inch bj front lift and diff mount drop spacers. I want to keep the torsion bars at stock specs for easy daily driver riding.

Is the weight of the truck on those springs? It looks like the axle is hanging.

The weight of the 4 runner (minus the motor/trans) is on the rear axle. The rear axle is sitting on blocks. There are blocks under the frame but they have a few inches clearance. Safety net for me being under there. The back half of the truck is on clay, the front half is on asphalt.

I have the front tires installed but have not installed the rear due to the shackle angle repair and brake bleeding is easier done without rear tires.

Seems like a common issue.
Typical solution is to pull a leaf or two or just add weight to speed up the break in.
I agree. Had a similar issue with my new OME’s but the shocks prevented the springs from extending too far. Took a leaf out on each side, good as gold.
Looks like they might invert like that.
If removing leaf lowers her too much might need longer springs.

I think I'll just move the hangers before I'd move a leaf or two.

I'm going to be adding steel/winch front and steel rear bumpers, I don't want this squatting in a a few months.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom