Anybody in Moab - got a real time travel issue and need a hand. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My daughter and her friend arrived in Moab Tuesday night the 23rd and are having a brake noise that's gotten worse. Wondering if anybody happens to be around the area that could take a quick look for me? They're on their way north and home to Idaho so will also be going through SLC at some point - likely the next day. They had the tires rotated just before leaving Texas about 4 days ago and it's not loose lugnuts as I had them check this.

If I were there, I'd check the front caliper bolts as its a brake grind only when braking with a slight pull to the left. I checked the 4 bolts on the bottom of the steering knuckle 10 months ago and did a full knuckle repack as well. I won't be sleeping well tonight, wondering what it could be, so if anyone can put eyes on it in Moab tomorrow (Wednesday), I'd be grateful. You can also PM me for my phone number.

Wished I could help Doug but I'm in Cali 😔. I hope they're ok! Keep us posted sir.

Ah, Mud to the rescue! Jason and I spoke a few minutes ago and he's got the skills, the tools and the time this morning. Will update later. A tip o' the hat across the miles.

cool thread!

Kids are back on the road. Replaced brake pads and tightened the wheel bearings on the drivers side.

Very nice !

I love hearing stories like this; feel fortunate to be a MUD member and own a Land Cruiser.

Way to go Jason !

Kids are back on the road. Replaced brake pads and tightened the wheel bearings on the drivers side.
Great job Jason! Thank you for your kindness and availability. I'm certain someone will return the favor to you when you're in need. Take care!

Ah, Jason. What a MUD stud you are, sir! I was thinking about this timeline, you guys (and gals). My kiddos arrive in Jason's town after midnight with an 80 issue and I post thereafter. By mid morning, several of you check in and Jason offers to help. They arrive at his place a bit after noon - after Jason and his son have a workout at the gym, and the kids have breakfast and pick up brake pads. Nobody's stressed (OK, except Dad) because, well - it's Mud. Jason meets them a bit after noon, and gets them squared away in short order. What, about 12 hours elapsed from me bringing the issue to Mud and the 80's all set? That's amazing.

Those who know me are aware how personally meaningful this place has been to my brother and I over the 18 years, and it's fantastic to see that continue, and for Mud to be a place people continue to gather who are kind, thoughtful and respectful in their ownership of a legendary vehicle. He just took delivery of a 2021 last month, btw so don't miss a chance to go give him flack about his "pseudo-80" now in the garage.

I get to meet a few of you each year as you pass through the portal town of Coeur d'Alene, ID and now I hope to meet Mr. Hansen as well. I hope you and your son had a great flight this afternoon, the WX looked great when we FaceTimed at the Cruiser. I will be snow shoeing in Park City in March if you have a hankering to come sweat a bit!!

Warmest,
Doug

^^^

Yep! Jason to the rescue...again! 🛠🧰🔧🇺🇸☕🍪

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom