Anybody build 100 series front bumper? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Looks like a completely different truck! I’ve only seen it covered in mud!

Haha. Yeah, it looks terrible when its muddy. It really isn't the jalopy it looks like.

Here is a picture of both lights on the left side. Since I already have 2 holes cut this will be how the lights will be mounted.

IMG_20190324_181508352.jpg

Do the lights have different functions or are they both just auxiliary lighting for off-road use?

I wouldn't use 3/16" plate for the entire bumper, maybe just the winch mounting portion. 1/8" is what I used and STILL is stupid heavy after all said and done. Personally, i'm not a big fan of diamond plating unless this is a big domestic truck for the oil fields and you wear a cowboy hat ;)

Most winches have a standard 5" x 10" bolt pattern or some such thing. I think most, if not all, 8,000 - 12,000 # winches have the same bolt pattern. I have access to a 8k winch if you need it for mockup.
My bumpers are built out of 1/4". But they aren't too heavy (i hope), maybe like 90 lbs for the front, and 140 lbs for the rear.

Do the lights have different functions or are they both just auxiliary lighting for off-road use?

The small ones will be in place of the fog lights in the stock bumper. The bigger ones are just extra light.

If I could find turn signal lights that I like I could paint it. I bought some paint that is supposed to be the same color. Once I paint it I will quit changing things until I get a winch.

IMG_20190326_164453391.jpg
IMG_20190326_164446423.jpg

Looks great!

looks good! How much do you think it tips the scales?

I built this one recently. It is heavier. Probably around 110 lbs. The mount underneath is quite a bit beefier than mine.

IMG_20190831_112404.jpg

Finally finished. Got the turn signals in and painted. Painted it black because I got new tires for my old wheels and painted them black.

View attachment 2092089

This turned out awesome! I like how well it complements the body lines and your incorporation of the lights. Good job!

This turned out awesome! I like how well it complements the body lines and your incorporation of the lights. Good job!

Thank you. I like it a lot better now that it is done.
I will probably do the rear this winter.

I have a couple more ideas for front bumpers. One is a tube bumper and the other is a plate/tube hybrid. If things would quit breaking around the house I could buy a bender.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom