Any QuickJack users? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

foolforthecity

SILVER Star
Threads
Any 200 series owners using the QuickJack 7000TL Portable Light Duty Truck and Passenger Car Lift System? Does it fit our rigs well? Save you time? Make you feel safer?

Costco has them $300 off online for the month of March which has piqued my interest. Still, $1,500 is a pretty expensive upgrade over my ramps/jack stands.

I also worry about my mildly built rig with larger tires, sliders, skids, hidden winch mount and roof rack bumping up above the 7,000lb capacity of the jack.

I would not trust the Quickjack for a heavy vehicle like the Land Cruiser 200, unless you combine with jackstands. Whatever you do, either it is very robust like ramps or have a primary + back up before you go under the vehicle. Have a first hand story of a truck falling onto a friend and his son. They survived but just. He had very good medical insurance, yet lost one eye as a result of skull damage... :frown:

Also any leak in the jacking systems gets scarry very quickly.

Between 2 x pair of ramps for greasing the drive line and diff/trans/gearbox/motor oil changes etc
1709939212260.png

A hydraulic jack + jack stands
1709939535479.png
1709939316613.png

And wheel chocks you can do a lot safely.
1709939658612.png

Note that with ramps I use 4 low and by releasing the brake it just crawls on. Very controlled. Do have a helper to indicate how far, as over driving them can create a lot of damage to the doorsills.
1709939437956.png

All the best making your choice, there is obviously no absolute right or wrong. IMO going with the basics is better and safer in this case.

Last edited:
When I greased the drive shafts and lifted one front wheel (vehicle pulled hard on hand brake and in neutral) allowing me to turn the front drive shaft and get access to the grease nipples. Worked like a charm, very controlled.

1709940658009.png

FWIW I the GVWR of our rigs started at around 7385# for a 2021. I have (and will continue) to use something meant for "2 tons" to help lift mine (side to side), but wouldn't trust it to leave the one side elevated while I was under the truck. From the video above, I would NOT trust/use/recommend/endorse the QuickJack. I too considered one a while back, but ultimately went with the Harbor Freight 3 ton jack (that is often on sale) and some US Jack jackstands. I have heard/seen consequences of using weird car elevating techniques. No thanks.

I bought a Quickjack 7000 during a Costco sale and it was so heavy I couldn’t use it. I sold it brand new through a Mud connection. For me It was way more cumbersome than simply using Rhino ramps or floor jack with stands depending on the job. Member @KLF has one, but he’s a lot younger and stronger than me. Here’s his.
1709998347703.jpeg

I bought a Quickjack 7000 during a Costco sale and it was so heavy I couldn’t use it. I sold it brand new through a Mud connection. For me It was way more cumbersome than simply using Rhino ramps or floor jack with stands depending on the job. Member @KLF has one, but he’s a lot younger and stronger than me. Here’s his.
View attachment 3577762
OT (with apologies):

Where did you get those blank panels for the cargo area side windows? What a great add-on!

TIA

OT (with apologies):

Where did you get those blank panels for the cargo area side windows? What a great add-on!

TIA
It’s @KLF truck. Hopefully he’ll jump in here.

OT (with apologies):

TIA
It's just Avery film/wrap. I bought a 2' x 5' piece, it just barely covered the windows. It was mostly an experiment to improve privacy, but I do like it so it's still on 5 years later.

@Sandroad - Younger? I doubt that. I just applied for Medicare last week, hitting the big 6-5 soon.

I've had a QuickJack 7000ext for several years. Owned it before I purchased the 200. Later added the truck adapter kit. I have not had any issues with it on my 200. Didn't watch all the above video but he did not wait for both locking bars to engage before he panicked and hit lower button. One side was locked, when he went to lower it. That was a user mistake.

Agreed our trucks exceed the advertised weight limit of the jack. Although Bend Pak who makes it has another video on YouTube showing how the 5000 model lifts 3x its rated weight.

Having said all that, for almost all my work on my LC 200, I use Rhino Ramp MAX ramps and jack stands. The QuickJack is heavy and I'm not getting any stronger with age. My back also reminds too. Rhino Ramps and wheel chocks are also a lot quicker.

FWIW - I upgraded the wheels on my QuickJack a few years ago so it moves around a little easier but it's heavy and you don't want to drop one on your toe for sure. It does make tire rotations a lot easier and that's mostly what I use it for on my cars and truck.

I noticed the guy who made that video above, made another video a month or so later about a hack he added to help slide the jacks around on the floor by adding some roller bearings that glide on the floor yet no longer make contact once it's raised. Cool.

One other con for QuickJack.

When I do the annual undercoating (woolwax, Fluid Film, Corrosion Free etc.), I use ramps. Easier to clean them then getting all that mess on the QuickJacks. It's also easier to move around and apply under the sliders and sides.

1710024739068.jpeg

One other con for QuickJack.

When I do the annual undercoating (woolwax, Fluid Film, Corrosion Free etc.), I use ramps. Easier to clean them then getting all that mess on the QuickJacks. It's also easier to move around and apply under the sliders and sides.

View attachment 3578142
Hmmm……is it easier to reverse up the ramps?

It's just Avery film/wrap. I bought a 2' x 5' piece, it just barely covered the windows. It was mostly an experiment to improve privacy, but I do like it so it's still on 5 years later.

@Sandroad - Younger? I doubt that. I just applied for Medicare last week, hitting the big 6-5 soon.
Your close behind, but still younger. ;)

Not sure how I missed the earlier messages here, I just read them all.

As said, the issue shown in the video above was entirely user error, not a fault of the QuickJack. Used and maintained properly, it won't do that, no way.

Once the vehicle is lifted and the safety bars engaged, hydraulics are no longer holding the load, it's very simple and safe. In fact, you put it in "safe" position by releasing the hydraulics, then you can even disconnect the hoses.

I have absolutely no concerns about being under my 200 when raised on my QuicjJacks. It's very stable, it may actually be more stable than on jack stands. Yup, BendPak haa a video where they stack over 20,000 lbs on a 5,000 unit and it LIFTS it up (they had to use a special pump).

Are they perfect? Nope. They are heavy and awkward to move the frames around. The wheels on the ends suck, but fortunately they can be replaced with better ones from Amazon. They really need casters. The hoses are a pain to get routed. They certainly won't replace a real 2-post lift, that's for sure.

YMMV, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom