Any local fluid film applier? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I was lucky enough where I only had minimal surface rust.
Price is relative to the amount of prep work, and application/cost of materials that is required.
(Yeah, I know you knew that, I just like stating the obvious. ;) )
Which includes (but not limited to) cleaning the undercarriage, masking areas off, descaling rust, etc.
They obviously can't get every square inch. It's more than well enough covered to where I can take care of the remaining obscure areas with a small brush, as I discover them.

Contact Ian or Matt, to discuss your needs.
Show him what you have, and they will explain in detail what they can do for you.
It's more involved to coat a boxed frame, as opposed to C channel frame. That's a discussion that might need to occur in great detail.
They typically have a customer vehicle to show you on the premises.
They do have Sat. hours.

{btw. I am in no way affiliated with APS, just a repeat customer of their services}

Hey all, I'm about to do this and had a question that you can hopefully help with. Once Fluid Film has been applied and you get the bottom all muddy, do you wash the undercarriage or just leave it muddy year around? If you wash it, that doesn't wash the FF off too?

Do you need to get all the mud off before FF is reapplied the next year?

If it's muddy after application, wash it, it won't wash off FF that easily

Yes, before application, clean it thoroughly

I’m having under carriage done by Atomic Auto Salon this Friday. Will let group know the cost and results.

So took the 40 in to get fluid film applied at Atomic Auto Salon in columbia and did not have the best experience. Took 2+ hrs since they wash the undercarriage first before applying fluid film. Got home and gave a careful inspection and realized that all they did was spray straight up all parts (i.e. leaf springs) that are exposed completely were covered with film on the underside but the top side was bone dry. I also found much of the frame boxing was not properly sprayed internally. Net net is I called immediately and complained and the owner called back in 5 minutes and said he would personally redo it today. Took it back and the guy did the entire undercarriage over again with a heavy hand. End result is good but I wouldn’t recommend unless you get the owner (Dave) to do it. All the other techs really aren’t experienced in applying the product. In addition it was expensive at $240.

Happy to post photos if anyone is interested.

Boom, done:
Fluid Film Undercoating Kit 1 Gallon with PRO Spray Gun, bottles, and everything you need Amazon product ASIN B0048770KE

Stump, i actually have that kit in my AMZ cart, waiting to do my brakes/birfts/splashguards before i spray. i figure no one will do as good a job as the owner, since it's about effort/time vs. a skilled trade. i've seen the youtube videos, being non-toxic, seems like avoid overspray on electrical bits, account for the smell, and misting. i will do it outside wearing a tyvek jumper and a small pancake compressor powering the gun.

and when i saw my wife's 200's frame, and how it has open box/tube sections/cross-members, i thought "this screams for the spray wand attachment to spray the inside" and changed from the gallon of liquid to the kit, vs using a spray bottle i already had.

once i do it in a month or so, i'll post review and pre/post pics of both vehicles.

I was just thinking about this yesterday. Has anyone applied it themselves? Can it roll on or does it get sprayed? I hear it doesn’t smell good. Wonder if it’s a bad idea to use inside doors and quarter panels?
The Toyota Dealerships spray it on with a special gun.

I just did the Taco with the kit from Amazon. It’s really not that bad to do yourself.

That kit seems like a really good deal. They sell just the spray gun for $90 by itself. It's on my list.

Also if it's good enough for Roothy...

I saw that video last week. Been wanting lanolin ever since... what kind of sprayer you thinking of? The hand pump one looked adequate in the video...

I came across that video too and fell down a rabbit hole of fluid film/undercoat videos. This one was good and demonstrates the kit stump linked above. Catch is the compressor for me at least. Maybe the kit could be a club tool? BYOFF...bring your own fluid film

Anyone know of a lanotec equivalent sold here?

Last edited:
You don't need a compressor; just get the aerosol cans.

But why to apply the FF now? Isn't it best to start the cycle at almost or near to end of Summer/start of Winter?

I had mine Krown'd before the start of the winter last year, so far so good. Didn't see it come off after many undercarriage car washes with high pressure wands

The time has come and I'm still torn between APS' undercoating and Atomic Auto Salon's Fluid Film (performed by Dave of course). It seems like APS will do a better job cleaning and drying it before the treatment and they do have yearly touch-ups that I would make sure to do. My truck is a rust-free as I've ever seen for an '06 and I want to keep it that way for a very long time.

APS is willing to do just the Noxudol "cavity wax" on the undercarriage but I can't find any reliable indication that it is as good as Fluid Film.

I’ve got an appointment for a Krown treatment at Line-X of South Central PA on Monday for the 62.
This past week I’ve hit some minor spots with the drill/wire wheel and rustoleum rust reformer.

Will report back and include pictures.

Mike and Jessica at Krown/LINE-X of South Central PA were super nice and looks to be a quality job. I’ll take more pictures when it’s dried a bit more.

Was definitely a trek with traffic but hopefully worth it. As of right now I plan to take the 100 in the fall.

Before:
526589FF-C335-4382-B457-79D6F0546EF8.jpeg
62C4C063-93EB-42C9-85A1-9ED76485BEC4.jpeg
C35F93D4-2891-4C7F-B0CA-D6E44E11EE89.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom