Any interest in first gen reproduction/restoration parts (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I don't have high hopes either. Some of the plastic trim pieces for the floor may be found at nappa....some times I see stuff like that there. I am hoping for the door piece because I really don't want to go to the junk yard and pull stuff this time of year, however it is a balmy 15-20 deg today and much warmer than it has been.

If the dealer does not have it, then it will be trips to the junk yard when I get a chance. I might look for seats while I am there too.

I don't have high hopes either. Some of the plastic trim pieces for the floor may be found at nappa....some times I see stuff like that there. I am hoping for the door piece because I really don't want to go to the junk yard and pull stuff this time of year, however it is a balmy 15-20 deg today and much warmer than it has been.

If the dealer does not have it, then it will be trips to the junk yard when I get a chance. I might look for seats while I am there too.

So I'm in search of cab parts for my 88 4Runner. Wondering how you made out on yours and if you've got suggestions on where to start looking. Main thing I need actually is window and moonroof seals. Inside and out. Also a piece of trim piece, passenger side windshield.

Thanks - Daniel

So I'm in search of cab parts for my 88 4Runner. Wondering how you made out on yours and if you've got suggestions on where to start looking. Main thing I need actually is window and moonroof seals. Inside and out. Also a piece of trim piece, passenger side windshield.

Thanks - Daniel

All the front window seals are still available from Toyota. I just replaced them on an 85 (3 per side). The rear seals that go across the bottom of the window (2 total) are also available but the rubber seal around the top and sides of the rear window is not. No idea about the moonroof.

These guys have helped me with quite a few used interior parts: http://www.calminitruck.com/

Toyota fiberglass now makes the "L" trim pieces for 4runners. As far as steel replacement panels, go to wolf steel. IIRC, they sell rockers, cab corners, all the panels for the bed (including the flared arches), floor pans, doors, and all. There was another place (showcars.com I think), that had the bed floor, era accurate visors, the airdam for gen 1s, the corner airdam, radiator support, tailgates (gutter and smooth top), grilles, mirrors, quarter panels, and a few other oddball metal replacement parts. I used to have a link, for a toyota dealer that had a bunch of n.o.s collision panels. Including complete rear quarters in steel, for the 1st gen 4runners, and complete roof panels and factory sunroof hardware. They also had n.o.s frames for the IFS model 4x4s.

i have no idea what the material is but Saturn used it on their panels, the wife's mustang has the same material on the hood and front fenders, when we first got it a tree branch about 4 to 5 inches in diameter fell from a tree we were going about 35 to 40 mph and it hit the hood went across the windshield and over the roof, and there was no damage not even a scratch, so if some one makes fenders for an 84 to 89 4-runner out of this stuff i want to know.

Pretty sure Saturn body panels are made of plastic. Color molded in.

FWIW Guys and Gals, Greg (Green Truck on the other boards) does dash panels and has done a carbon fiber dash pad. He's local to me and a long time enthusiast, restorer, and does sick assed body work as well as body work professionally. IMHO he's the one guy I would goto and be asking this stuff. He may not be too into it having a day job, but his panels fit perfectly and look great in a restoration and I know if it comes down to it he'll be the one I go to for a fabbed dash pad for my 2ndGen 4Runner.

Here's a recent shot of his truck.
rubithon10028s.jpg

He's got a couple threads in there on resto stuff, you'll notice in the pic above he's back to a restored O/E dash pad.
(This next pic is just eff'in sick. Call it "RICER" or whatever, but the black carbon fiber job came out sweet.)
attachment.php

Shane

i really want a custom dash like this. how can i get one? And can he ship to hawaii??

What a great thread. Picked up an 83 dash with radio for an ln46 and an 84 amfm radio for my hj60 this week. Great to see others with a passion for originality.

I would love to have interior/body restoration parts. Seat covers, seat foam, center consoles, dash pads, HVAC vents and tubes, 4Runner quarter trim panels to name a few items. It would be really neat to see
full frames available to build "new" oid Toyota trucks and 4Runners. Something similar to the Dynacorn Mustang and Camaro bodies.

I would like to replace the L piece on the front of my 4Runner fiberglass top along with the plastic panels that go on them.

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom