any ideas on max torque an H55F can handle? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
curious if anybody has any idea. i havent seen any references on the intarwebs or in mud searches. i would guess 250 ft-lbs is trivial considering my experience with mine, but what about, say, 400 ft-lbs... i am sure it would handle it for a while, but how about long term?

I have a H55 behind an Isuzu for almost 17K miles with no issues in my 60. Mine is a 4BD2tc with a mild fuel screw turn and the pump re-calibrated up by 10%. I have no idea the HP or torque, but it's no where near 400 pounds!

400 is a lot, and takes some effort to get. How did you do it? What mods?

I know flcruiser broke his H55 behind his 4BD1 on a long cross country trip a couple of years ago. I forgot the details, but he may post up here.

Doug

400 ft-lbs is trivial if you get a 4HE1T. the factory settings for the auto version are like 380! i was thinking i might have to turn DOWN the fuel screw... i was originally planning on a 4BD1T but couldnt find one reasonably priced. i am working on the adapter now.

i am hoping that with a ranger torque splitter in front of it rated at 400+ ft-lbs that with a gentle foot, i will be able to keep the H55F without issue. if not, well...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom