Any good ideas for CHOKE handle location/substitute? (swapped to EFI) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Whoa... this post got aggressive. It sounds like a throttle handle won't work due to proximity. I don't have a choke. I don't even have fog lights. I guess I'll save it for when I install some additional lighting and install a pull knob.

In the meantime, what can I just plain stick in the whole so it's not just a gaping hole?

Whoa... this post got aggressive. It sounds like a throttle handle won't work due to proximity. I don't have a choke. I don't even have fog lights. I guess I'll save it for when I install some additional lighting and install a pull knob.

In the meantime, what can I just plain stick in the whole so it's not just a gaping hole?
lol for real. You can see if these will fit, or modify them to fit

Your local auto parts store should have some universal hole plugs/grommets. I’ve used them to plug holes that the PO drilled in the firewall to run extra wires. Granted, I cannot see them. I’m sure you can find something that looks decent. If not then just leave the hole open. I did when I removed mine for the EFI install.

My first post was somewhat serious… I am ditching the EFI and installing a carb again. See my avatar picture for further details. 🤣

hi there , mr. @partchanger :)

the oem dash plug suggested above , is for a FJ40 Pull Switch D-Groove hole of 9mm I.D.

- the FJ60 Factory Choke Cable D-Groove Hole OEM dash plug delete needed is for a 11mm I.D,.

- the FJ40 one will simply fall out on the floor and roll into history fast ........ :confused:

- i have a small cache of NOS FJ60 ones still , ill be happy to mail you one out , i think it's super kool when a OEM final step-by-step done by the FSM , as was at PLANT A11 is thought of ......

- i like period correct OEM details that matter alot , perhaps at a level some can't fully comprehend , only thing that matters is that we are indeed growing in numbers each day .......:D

- here is the 11mm 90950- ..….

- the anodized little cog ⚙️ is the FJ60 choke cable M11 retainer nut

- I like period correct details that matter …..

36368DF5-CE00-4037-816F-7FE6AFA181D2.jpeg

C52BC8C1-55FE-4A43-9E05-6684596E6658.jpeg
E64AF712-D8A7-4EE5-86F2-E2F14EB2D03C.jpeg

hi there , mr. @partchanger :)

the oem dash plug suggested above , is for a FJ40 Pull Switch D-Groove hole of 9mm I.D.

- the FJ60 Factory Choke Cable D-Groove Hole OEM dash plug delete needed is for a 11mm I.D,.

- the FJ40 one will simply fall out on the floor and roll into history fast ........ :confused:

- i have a small cache of NOS FJ60 ones still , ill be happy to mail you one out , i think it's super kool when a OEM final step-by-step done by the FSM , as was at PLANT A11 is thought of ......

- i like period correct OEM details that matter alot , perhaps at a level some can't fully comprehend , only thing that matters is that we are indeed growing in numbers each day .......:D

- here is the 11mm 90950- ..….

- the anodized little cog ⚙️ is the FJ60 choke cable M11 retainer nut

- I like period correct details that matter …..
Thank you. I'd greatly appreciate if you mail me one. Would you like me to DM you my address? How much?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom