Any cheap Gas Can Carrier Options (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Romer

fatherofdaughterofromer
Threads
As we all know the FJ40 gets terrible gas milage. Heading off to the boonies on a full tank with the stock tank dosn't give a lot of distance capability. I would rather not get an extra size tank because 1) its expensive and 2) I use the space for storage.

The carriers sold by vendors are hundreds of dollars. There has to be a cheap solution to bolt $10 worth of metal to hold a gas can.

Anybody come up with something?

con-ferr makes a cool mount that holds a 5gal can on the spare tire i have one it nice and "cheap" works good too

I have the same carrier mentioned above, but I did not mount it to the spare. I instead took a right side tire carrier (flat style not tubular) from an early cruiser and removed all the tire mounting brackets. This left a flat surface and I mounted the gas can mount to that. I now have the stock tubular carrier with my spare on the left, and a custom swingout Jerrycan carrier on the right! Its pretty cool. I paid $10.00 for the used jerry can, $30.00 for the used carrier from profittscruisers, and $35.00 for the mount from SOR.

That sounds like a great idea. Thanks for the tip

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom