Builds Another Texas LS1 Swap (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

69C70568-3439-4B51-9113-21EBD63D0FC6.jpeg
E4B5EE17-2585-452E-B4CF-2ABBAFD76BC3.jpeg
83316BB8-C4E2-4D1C-8C1D-7F6FB55674AF.jpeg

What does the panhard riser do? Help with alignment?

Panhard bar keeps axle centered under the truck……..When you raise a vehicle, the panhard bar pulls the axle off centered, not noticeable on 1-2” lifts.
Fix is a longer adjustable bar, dropping frame mount, or raising axle mount.

What does the panhard riser do? Help with alignment?
Brought the rear axle back under the truck. Yes. With the heavies installed the back end crabbed out and the added riser brought pan hard to horizontal and the axle back under and in line.

Since Covid and WFH… vehicles not getting used much so added lensunsolar mppt controllers and 20w flexible panels to truck and my Subaru. Also on truck I peeled off all accessory wires and put in big fuse and a breaker switch so I turn off power to all that when truck parked. So now batteries are all ways 13.1 or so when I go and start them. Both vehicles have yellow top gel batteries and here’s some photos …
C7B5D059-48BB-4AC4-8BC1-E9E13366A4B2.jpeg
2956A931-7CA0-4BE4-BE03-588F7CDFA1EB.jpeg
EBC16E4C-66C5-4BF6-95FC-19471F7D8486.jpeg
49B4B516-1C96-436C-93CD-2700554608B5.jpeg

Im in the process of 5.3 swapping my 94 , when you swapped the engine did you center it in the frame rails and are the drive shafts off set or did you offset the engine to center the driveshafts?

Headers came in, perfect fit! THANK YOU KIRK!!! I got the black painted ones. Hooker Headers 2312HKR - Hooker Super Competition Block Hugger Headers - Overview - SummitRacing.com

The reason I had to go with center dumps was my engine is too far back for shorties. Also the reason my engine is far back was to put the oil pan behind the drag link bar. So no lift!!!
Is there any other center drop manifolds instead of Hooker headers that can be used. I read in the past there is another option of manifolds from Ebay?

Hi. Gathering up parts to do the 5.3 ls swap. I read through many swaps. If I remember correctly, you will need a 2" lift. Do you guys know if the ome 2" will work? Thought about the icon but it's out of my budget.
Planning on running heavy in the front (compensated for the added weights) and medium in the rear.
Screenshot 2024-01-04 at 3.36.20 PM.png

Thank you very much and happy new year!!

Hi. Gathering up parts to do the 5.3 ls swap. I read through many swaps. If I remember correctly, you will need a 2" lift. Do you guys know if the ome 2" will work? Thought about the icon but it's out of my budget.
Planning on running heavy in the front (compensated for the added weights) and medium in the rear.
View attachment 3524601
You don't have to do a lift but it makes it easier. Check with cruiser outfitters, they have a large lift selection.

You don't have to do a lift but it makes it easier. Check with cruiser outfitters, they have a large lift selection.

We would love to help @ Cruiser Outfitters!

We stock a super wide variety of Dobinsons, Old Man Emu, SuperPro, SPC, Slee, DVS, and many others for the 80/450 Series.

Reach out to our parts team, info@cruiseroutfitters.com | 801-563-1277

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom