another running turbo 2f fj45 troopy (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

don't you dare raid my winch for parts!!!

i checked yours when i had it apart and it looked well used LOL

seems the main shaft in the thomas pto head is a weak link this is the second ive seen snapped and the 3rd one i have is twisted

gonan contact powauto who brought out thomas for a price of a new shaft but im also gonna price having the keyways machined into some high tensile steel or something

i checked yours when i had it apart and it looked well used LOL

seems the main shaft in the thomas pto head is a weak link this is the second ive seen snapped and the 3rd one i have is twisted

gonan contact powauto who brought out thomas for a price of a new shaft but im also gonna price having the keyways machined into some high tensile steel or something

having never seen the main shaft, would it be complex to get an engineering joint to machine up a main shaft?

i'm sure we could find a few PTO users that would split costs.

main shaft is just a straight 32mm shaft with 4 keyways i dont think it would cost that much to have machined maby 100 plus the steel

imtrying to get onto a mate that has a contact with a full machine shop to see if he can assist as id prolly get a few made up

great post

Fine looking vehicle there, I check out these turbo links from time to time I think I'm gonna get there someday, nice to know there's some advice around on it

:clap::clap:

had to make a few small mods much bigger front mount intercooler and have also done some rust repair

running heaps better but ive got a leak from the exhaust manifold so ill have to replace that gasket will prolly get it faced while its off to make sure its flat
Image108 (Medium).jpg
Image107 (Medium).jpg
Image104 (Medium).jpg

with the bigger cooler/LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG intake, is there a noticable increase in lag while it pressureises the intake

that is fawking sweet......

i would trade both my LC's for one!!!!

I've ridden in it, albeit in the teething stage, and it just has gobs of torque everywhere. 1st and 2nd are next to useless.

can't wait to see it in action now it's sorted.

its fine with the extra intake piping i dont notice a distance tho i havnt driven it much yet

the extra piping between the gas mixer and intake means its a bastard to start(always has been tho) i need to get a electric primer for the converter to fix that

and now its just had a new paint job and rust removal poor quality paint but atleast it make sit look pretty for the photos and from a distance

painting the old bullbar and refitting the winch and bullbar tomorrow
Image098.jpg
Image099.jpg

yeah it looks great from a distance LOL been out driving today and its running great and also cruise control i fitted is working a treat (yes a fj45 troopy with cruise control what else will us aussies think of)

yeah i recon ill paint it a mix of black and silver as im trying to hide the intercooler as much as that is possible LOL

hey how's it going. I am currently in the progress of putting a turbo on my 2f fj40. but im not running gas. would you have any ideas of hints on how i could do it

Do you notice if your fuel economy on gas has gone down significantly with the turbo? I have a 2F in my LX, and have thought about turbo-charging it. What is your feeling as far as daily driver is concerned? Did you notice any significant over-heating issues? I would not intercool mine, as I have factory air con and don't want to loose that.

What gas regulator did you use in your conversion? Surely I could not keep the one I have now.

Cheers,

Josh

the fuel economy has not changed at all still around 16-18l per 100km and i do drive it hard not potter around town

it gets quite warm uphills on boost but i do have a monster intercooler and im also running 12psi on a totally stock engine without having it tuned after installing the turbo

i was using a impco b2 converter and a impco 225 mixer on a custom intake setup all easy enough to do anywhere

ive since swapped to a gas research setup Gas Research and like the setup much better

shorty40 ive replied into your other thread

yeah but thats the cost of FUN :)

now WHERES MY INTERCOOLER just drive the 800kays to melbourne so you can deliver it ill let you drive the turbo troopy

ill take some new pics tomorrow its a bit neater these days and nealy looks like the person installing it knew what they where doing LOL

i still haven't got to drive it!!!!

i did deliver the intercooler to your door lol, and you could have brought it to the housewarming!!!

running... not drivable... need an exhaust, and some 18 inch travel shocks for the front.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom