Another Ebay Birf (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

when I asked them the name of the manufacturer, it was one I had never heard of, not that that is bad, but if you have ever had to take apart a front end in the rain on the side of a hill at night, or even in your driveway,,, you'd buy the best you can so you dont have to do it again,,,,,

I'd save the few extra hundred dollars and go with Longfeilds. Proven quality, warranty, and great service.

I did find out the following...

They will fit a 62 (and thus a 60) and

"they are made in china by an american company".

Not saying too much, I remain a skeptic. Any other feedback?

bet they're Newfields..

I think Bobby Long bought some of these knockoffs to test. There is a thread on pirate about these shafts.

It would suck to kill a birf on the trail and have a 30 spline inner. Not to many people carry 30spline trail spares or a 60-62 length 27spline inner.

I think Bobby Long bought some of these knockoffs to test. There is a thread on pirate about these shafts.

It would suck to kill a birf on the trail and have a 30 spline inner. Not to many people carry 30spline trail spares or a 60-62 length 27spline inner.

mini long side is the same as 60/62 long side
60 short side is the same length as a 40 short side

300m races and smaller balls, they should be plenty strong for most users.

BTW, Bobby rocks and has done a million things for the toyota axle. But having options out there is never a bad thing..

Any idea if these birfs are the same as those being sold by Marlin (UM-06)?

Here is a link to a pic of the Ebay birfs:
http://marketplaceadvisor.channeladvisor.com/hi/72/72367/toyota_lc_fj40_kit_30_spline.jpg

And Marlin's:
http://www.marlincrawler.com/images/um06_500.jpg

I asked the guy if they had a warranty, inner spline count, etc, got the following response (misspellings left purposely):
"they have not warranty.; tehy have tested againsty the longfield and newfield and are the saems strength. they are 27 spline"

broken_001.sized.jpg

2 TRIPS :hillbilly: ebay stocker now I run 30spl Longs

Last edited:
That says something right there...

hey kling-on, how did you do that, everytime I've seen your truck it's been upside down. I wouldn't think that would stress the axles much

From your post Kling-on, I would assume yours were stock replacements?

Were those the 300M inners?

Or the cheap stock replacement units?

stockers but I didnt want to make the same mistake twice so I ordered longs .... but I do have 180 to 1 and 38.5's :meh: but Klunitic is a hard trail I had to winch down hill to get out :hillbilly:

hey kling-on, how did you do that, everytime I've seen your truck it's been upside down. I wouldn't think that would stress the axles much

both axles and rear welded diff in 20 ft ... what a day :steer:

stockers but I didnt want to make the same mistake twice so I ordered longs .... but I do have 180 to 1 and 38.5's :meh: but Klunitic is a hard trail I had to winch down hill to get out :hillbilly:

both axles and rear welded diff in 20 ft ... what a day :steer:

Kind of an apples to oranges comparison then. It sounds like the stockers would have done the same thing easily...

I would like to see an actual strength comparison of these 30 spliners to Bobby's 30 spliners..

This argument is sounding like the CTM U joint argument..

My opinion on this is that the word china makes its way into the title of the part.... I also look at what kling-on bought from ebay...... I also look at the spelling and wording by the ebay seller and I think to myself............LONGFIELDS! a few hundred in savings may be wrong?
I think 3pits hit the nail on the head with: "You can have it done QUICKLY, done INEXPENSIVELY, done CORRECTLY. Pick any two".

Kind of an apples to oranges comparison then. It sounds like the stockers would have done the same thing easily...

I would like to see an actual strength comparison of these 30 spliners to Bobby's 30 spliners..

This argument is sounding like the CTM U joint argument..

ya I didnt see the chromo thill after I posted ... but I still think I'll keep payin Booby for em cause he's the man :hillbilly:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom