Another 85 fj60 Blue #2?? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Got the roof rack, bumpers, and sliders set up for more primer and paint. Hope to work this into my schedule this week. Along with the wheels and spacers.

Well I tried to get the LED dome light switched out but, the LED panel shorted out or ?? It worked the first time after I installed it but, hasn't since. I installed the old bulb and it works so, I know its not a fuse. I'll get another one coming from superbrightleds.com

I've been trying not to look at their sight because I'll be a kid in a candy store.. If I do this I'm going with the blue LEDs on the dash gauges/heater control lights, green turn signals, red on brake, belt, volt etc...

J

You know, I always wondered about those snorkels when you are driving down the road in a heavy rain. How do they work then? Is there some kind of water collection and release system?

Along those lines, I would like to run something like that for my 4bt exhaust. Is your snorkel fastened to the A-pilar?

You know, I always wondered about those snorkels when you are driving down the road in a heavy rain. How do they work then? Is there some kind of water collection and release system?

Along those lines, I would like to run something like that for my 4bt exhaust. Is your snorkel fastened to the A-pilar?

I-man, no water collection/release system..

Man are you serious?? a HEAVY rain in Wyoming or surrounding states... Never had a snorkel so I can't really answer that question.. However, unless I was in a tropical rainstorm and Marley was floored and running 90 mph on a 15% downhill grade... I still wouldn't worry about water coming into the snorkel from rainfall and causing an issue. But that will never happen.. HA!

Anyhow, back to tech... 3- stainless steel screws hold the snorkel bracket to the A-frame and then 2- stainless steel screws to the snorkel.

I guess if you were worried about the rain getting in you could turn the snorkel inlet around (last pic, I see quite a few do this for dust inhalation, HA!)

J
DSCN2812.jpg
DSCN2813.jpg
DSCN2815.jpg

WTF!! someone jacked my stuff.... I thought I lived in a good area!!!

HA! seriously, wheel spacers went on great and love the stance Marley has now...

Here's a few pics.. Ill post up before and after as well with the 1 1/2" spacers.

:cheers::beer::beer::beer: Enjoy fellas!

J
DSCN2828.jpg
DSCN2833.jpg
DSCN2834.jpg

Last edited:
Looks great! Nice job...

Looks great! Nice job...

Thanks man I appreciate it.

I took Marley for another ride this afternoon.. illegal but, man was it fun.. Need plates and ummmm REGISTRATION... HA! The wife made the illegal comment but, was in and wanted a ride.. She's an addict as well but, won't admit it. :grinpimp:

I plan on getting that next week. Or I plan to. Want to take Marley to the gorge for some off road trails and fishing..

J

Wow, that paint looks beautiful!! You are going to have to teach me how to do body work and paint like that. The wheel spacers worked perfectly.

Looks great. Keep those pics coming! :beer:

Maat, Thanks will do on pics.

Wow, that paint looks beautiful!! You are going to have to teach me how to do body work and paint like that. The wheel spacers worked perfectly.

I-man, It's got a few imperfections but, I'm OK with them. Unless you are staring at them you wouldn't see them right off. Maybe when I come up I can give you a few pointers on the body work and then if I can talk the wife into it.... I can come up and help ya paint one weekend.

J

Awsome build up i wish i had body/paint skills like that! Really cool truck you have there. Keep te updates comming.
Congrats!

Sweet :cool:

Yes, they are, wow what a difference. Thanks for the help with the list Kline.

sexy, sexy!:cheers:

Ya... This is way sexy too Trapper...... [FONT=&quot]↓↓↓↓↓:cool:

Wife bought door speakers (4) and tweeters for me to match the subs. I'm a freak about Fosgate stuff....:rolleyes:

J

[/FONT]
DSCN2844.jpg

No prob J.

Your wife is awesome. Give her a high five for me. Hope to find one like that some day :)

So what was the point of going with the wheel spacers/adapters if you are using, what looks like, the stock wheels?

Just wanted a little wider stance G and a 120.00 stance upgrade vs 300.00 to 500.00 in wheels is a no brainer if you are wanting that look and feel IMO.

Also, IMO it makes a ton of difference in the ride and performance as well.

J

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom