Andy's Taco build thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I had to dig a little to find this p/n, so posting here for reference.

Low profile magnetic transmission, transfer, and axle drain plug

Toyota P/N 90341-18021

$2.96 ea from Conicelli Toyota

Got my adapters yesterday!

Started assembling last night - waiting on new bearings before I get too far.

Unfortunately, it appears the hole for the shift rail is too small. I'm trying to figure out what to do - I'm not sure the vendor believes me. Both ends fit the same as does the other shift rail. It goes in freely a little over an inch, then it gets really tight.

I tapped it in with a mallet thinking that it may just be a burr at the detent hole, but no-go - it is TIGHT!

Taking pin gauges home tonight to measure and try to figure out what is going on, also ordered a cheap 14mm reamer to use as a last resort.

You could try tossing the shift rail in the freezer for a few hours, but that may not help if it’s still super tight once it comes back to room temp.

It looks in the hole. How far do you expect it to go? Will the detent notches line up.

What is a pin guage. I have a idea but need a pic to confirm.

Dual Cases! Nice Andy

Reactions: caz
After working on some honey do projects around the house to make up for ordering dual cases, I'm finally getting back on to the truck.

The rest of the tranny/transfer parts should be here tomorrow! Should be some progress there soon.

I sand blasted and painted my header today with Eastwood high temp paint.

It's a factory header from a later model. Mine was cast and prone to cracking.

20190411_165627.jpg

Last edited:
So obviously I didn't make Coal Mine.....

I started back on the project about 2 weeks too late.

The tranny is in -
20190706_211553.jpg

The driveshafts are at Hartman's in Reading to be shortened/lengthened. Should be ready on Tuesday. Hopefully the heat wave is gone by then!

Muffler
20190721_203922.jpg

My goal is to make the August monthly ride!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom